Emoticons

glienhard

Reaction score
I love the little :greendroid: emoticons in the sms, but here is my problem/question. My wife has a Blackberry and when she send emoticons they all come without the nose and I don't get to see the :greendroid:. Is there a way to edit the emoticon list to add the ones without the nose? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

KevinJ

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, they little android emoticons will only show up on another android-powered phone.

Of course, if I'm wrong, someone will show up and correct my misteak.... er, mistake.

koralyne

Reaction score
I love those things!!! Too bad the only people I know with android phones are my mother (droid) and one of my friends, (sprint hero)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah, I remember when Adroid first got those. It was the first OS update that the G1 got. Someone sent me a text and I was like, "WTF!? A little Android!? That's awesome!"

Then, I sent a message to my buddy with WinMo phone to see if he could see them too...No dice.

I wonder if anyone has the picture files...then, I could randomly add them to a text message for emphasis.

When I was rooted, I took screenshots and cropped out a couple of them, but I didn't think to get them all...and I was kinda sloppy about the cropping, because I was just showing this girl that she has to put the - in for the nose or I don't get the green guy.

She's doing a lot better at remembering these days.
CAP201002272108-1.jpg

OP
G

glienhard

Reaction score
Maybe some clarification here...I don't want others to see the :greendroid: icons, as that is not possible unless they have an android phone.

I want to see the :greendroid: icon when my wife sends me a :) smiley without the nose. (Her Blackberry send emoticons without the nose.)

Does anyone know how to edit the emoticons dictionary or reference file to make this happen? Also, since I am new to this forum, is this post in the right place?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does this app address the subject? If not, it should be in its own thread.

pzregan

Reaction score
I searched, but couldn't find this anywhere; sorry if I missed it.

I just realized that I have regular emoticons in my texts on my new Razr. After two years with an OG Droid, I got used to the little android guys, and I miss them! Is there a way to get them back?

Kimo91

Reaction score
I use handcent myself and also use the emoji add on app with more emoticons

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Your frown is animated....?