Emojis on JB Razr HD

Iggy08

Reaction score
Ok, so I was super happy to get the JB update late Wednesday night and updated immediately. I was happy to see emojis support on the stock text messaging app so I went and uninstalled GoSMS immediately (that was the only reason I used it). I tried installing the "emojis for English language" pack (something like that, had to refresh) but it doesn't seem to stay installed. After I install it, if I refresh it goes away. If I install the Spanish pack and refresh, it stays installed.

So basically I'm wondering if this is a Razr HD issue or is it just me? I don't have to be able to input emojis, seeing them in the stock app is cool enough. But it would be nice to get this to work so I can put emojis as well.

Succinct

Reaction score
I'm guessing it's not you, because it doesn't stay installed on my RMH either. I even tried it with the third-party keyboard I usually use, and it has the exact same issue.

Hopefully we can find a workaround/fix for this…

mgrande

Reaction score
How do you use emojis?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

OP
Iggy08

Iggy08

Reaction score
You're supposed to go into the settings for the Android Keyboard and install an additional language pack called "Emojis for English" (or something like that) but when you try to install the pack doesn't stay for some reason

mgrande

Reaction score
I just wish you could long press a button on thus keyboard to access the smileys instead of having to go up and select insert smiley.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2