Emoji?

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by switchblade5984, Mar 4, 2010.

1. switchblade5984

switchblade5984 New Member

I was wondering if anyone knew how to get these little icons onto the droid OS, because as of right now... droid doesnt! i have heard rumors of an app in the market place that can add them, however searching has turned up nothing anyone know either the app name, or if this is possible?
  2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

If you're talking about the icons used in messaging.....mjones1052 has found a way :D shoot him a pm he's really nice !!
  3. ad3x

ad3x New Member

I would love to have my old Iphone Emoji working on my android phone - I am surprised no one has done this yet. I mean its only a font set. Its even more surprising that google doesnt outright have the icons as a standard as they jointly filed with apple about the emoji icon set.

I pmed him but havent heard back -- has anyone had any luck getting emoji on your android phones?
  4. damienhtw

damienhtw New Member

Anyone find out the answer cause I want to know to
  5. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

6. langleyprincess

langleyprincess New Member

Have you tried one of the apps on the market? Goomoji or KeitaiText?

iPhone emoji are NOT just a font. You can create compatibility with the iPhone with a customized font, that is black and white and requires you to have root. But that's not really great and there's still no way to input them. I also don't see why Google should create compatibility to some proprietary ****e Apple only uses in Japan officially. Apple doesn't want people outside Japan to use Emoji ... is probably not even allowed to by license agreement.

Maybe when Google and Apple and Unicode standardized Emoi encodings they will all implement em with THAT standardized set... but this set will be incompatible with the current emoji encodings.
  7. rlittle66

rlittle66 New Member

Emoji's on the Motorola Droid

If you want to use emoji's in your texts you now have a free app that will let you. On the Droid go to the Market place and search emojis then select emoji/goomoji and install it. thats it
  8. dmm

dmm New Member

icomessage android app for icons

There is one app in Android called icomessage that allows you to send icons, you type icons instead of text. Is not emojis so doesn't depend on the carrier.

may be is what you need,

cheers,
  9. msglobe81

msglobe81 New Member

I use emoji on my droid all the time but it has to be used in conjunction with handcent. Download handcent sms and there is an emoji plugin for handcent that can be downloaded through the market. Both are free
  10. FWPhoto

FWPhoto New Member

Emoji...Palringo...iMobsters...oh my

I've dl'd the apps you've talked about here but they don't help me when I'm in iMob or Palringo. It's so frustrating not being able to see/read the names and some "text" because of those boxes. Has anyone made any headway? I have that Goomoji but it only works if you can copy the text to the clipboard then open the app. You can't copy names and such...only the messages folks post in Pal. I'm surprised it hasn't been made to be seamless and compatible at this point. Is there something else that needs to be updated in the actual system...like fonts or something that will help decipher those irritating boxes? :(
  11. Mahlhavoc

Mahlhavoc New Member

Search tags for this page
droid emoji
droid emoji app
droid x emoji
emoji app for droid

emoji droid

emoji for droid x
emoji for htc rezound
emoji icons for droid

emoji on droid