Emoji and the Droid

titans1

Reaction score
Heya crew!!! So i have searched our glorious sight here a number of times and i cant seem to find the answer i am looking for......Maybe cause it doesnt exist or maybe its just not what i want to hear dunno for sure!!!! I want emoji goodies on my droid like the iphone has...It is the one option i want so badly especially for games like imobster etc. Our wonderful droids dont display most emoji and we sure cant use them....Does anyone have an option? i have searched the market and the net with no luck...there are a couple of different apps on the market but none of them actually work and display the emoji in like palingro or enable me to see them on imobster... I guess my question is why not....why cant we have the emoji like the icrap? i dont understand programming all that well but it seems it wouldnt be all that hard would it?

OP
T

titans1

Reaction score
Anyone?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

joshuacalebsimon

Reaction score
I wish I had an answer. I just switched from iphone and wished my big beautiful screen had emoji.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

TiffanyGood1

Reaction score
I completely know where your coming from. I posted a question similar to this not to long ago and I haven't got an answer yet. Have you ever figured anything out? The only thing that is the closest to it is the handcent Emoji Plugin, Im not sure if it works or not because I texted my friend and she said it comes up as little boxes not the emoticons. Not sure! I wish I could invent it myself!!

pwsparky

Reaction score
I believe the only way to get those emoji icons is to download the text message app handcent and the add on for the emoji's but I think you can only use them in that app and the person you text also has to have that app and add on as well.

sarreq

Reaction score
handcent had recently added emoji support, you just have to make sure to go into settings and make sure it's using the iPhone method rather than its own

pinkbandit

Reaction score
i am not 100% on this but i believe your phone must be rooted and then there is an emoji app in the market. hope this helps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using DroidForums App

lfylove

Reaction score
There is a way but u can only see them not post themi. And there not in color

lfylove

Reaction score
Oh and yes I know how