EMERGENCY! =[ SPRecovery & ADB issues = worthless phone. help?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by fichdak, May 20, 2010.

1. fichdak

fichdak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright, so I've been trying a ROM and had to reinstall it for a few reasons.

Long story short, I went into SPRecovery and wiped /data and /cache and used ADB to wipe /system. The Nandroid backup I wanted to install was in /sdcard/nandroid as it should be, so I went to restore it and got:

Code:
    E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmblk0)
    (Invalid argument)
    E:Can't mount SDCARD:/nandroid
    This is what I've (unsuccessfully) tried:

- restarted the phone. I can't get anywhere except SPRecovery because I wiped my phone...
    - got a new copy of the nandroid backup
    - formatted the SD card
    - put flash_image and recovery-0.99.2b.img on the root of the sdcard, chmod 755'd flash_image and tried /sdcard/flash_image recovery recovery-0.99.2b.img with ADB shell and got
    Code:
    /system/bin/sh: /sdcard/flash_image: not found
    - tried moving the flash_image elsewhere, but ADB doesn't recognize it as being there.

??? What do I do? I've been using SPRecovery for a long time (including various times today) and have never had a problem.

ah?! Please help.

Thanks

2. titans

titans Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. fichdak

fichdak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I meant to edit the other one but accidently submitted a new one. i already changed it to say please delete.

and i have 99.3b on the phone right now and it's the one that's not working which is why i dl'd 99.2b. but either way, flash_image won't flash it so nothing will get flashed, right?

4. titans

titans Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    An RSD lite flash should get rid of the bad block(s).

5. fichdak

fichdak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    what do you mean by "a flash"? any speciic sbf to flash? I download RSD lite and flashed this ese81 sbf file: SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf
    and RSD said pass but nothing changed

6. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    He means flashing the 2.0.1 SBF to the droid which will bring it completely back to stock like the day you got it.

heres the full instructions

In short heres the process:
    1. Install RSD lite and the appropriate drivers for your version of windows
    2. reboot the phone into bootloader mode (press "up" on the dpad while turning the phone on)
    3. connect your droid to your pc via usb
    4. select the sbf file in RSDlite and hit start
    5. let it complete, the phone will reboot on its own.
    6. re-root and install a custom rom and kernel if you want.

7. fichdak

fichdak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't know if I should make a new thread for this or not, so I'll just post it here.

My droid's battery is dead. Completely. When it's at 0%, the USB ports on my computers (all 3) don't supply it with enough power to turn on, so the only way to charge it is with the wall adapter. Unfortunately, that automatically turns on the phone and since the only things my phone can do are attempt to boot and go into either bootloader or recovery mode, the power used by the phone is apparently equal to that of the power being supplied by the adapter, because it doesn't charge. I can leave it plugged in all night but since the screen brightness is all the way up and it's probably trying to do whatever else that uses battery, it stays at 0%.

I already flashed a 2.1 sbf and that didn't work, so now I'm going to try the 2.0.1 sbf, but I can't do that because the bootloader screen says the battery is too low to do anything.

Ergh. I've also tried 2 different usb hubs that plug into the computer and wall, but that doesn't start the phone either. My only other idea is to find someone else's droid and charge my battery with it but I don't really know anyone with a moto droid

Ideas?

Thanks

edit: does anyone think this combo would work to supply more power to the phone?

Dual USB male to mini usb cable then a mini to micros usb adapter.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=03PWE8831JR50AJ82T42

http://www.amazon.com/Adapter-SKN62...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1274474489&sr=1-11

#7 fichdak, May 21, 2010
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
  8. metiCkOne

metiCkOne Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you got it fixed? Did you try putting your phone on a charger for an hour? Your batter probably just got drained by all the messing about. This happens to me on a weekly basis from modding. You just need to charge it. It wont charge in recovery so just put it on a charger and leave it be for a while. Hope this helps. Let me know.

9. fichdak

fichdak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well I'd had it plugged in to the wall since before I made that post and it's still not charged. It got like 25% through the second stage of the RSD flash before dying when I tried a couple minutes ago.

And you said it won't charge in recovery and you're right... but recovery is all i've got.

edit: lol, actually I can't even get into recovery since it died mid flash it just flashes corrupt code when i turn it on. my phone's totally screwed :icon_evil:

10. titans

titans Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Buy a standalone charger.

11. metiCkOne

metiCkOne Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're phone should still charge even though you cant completely boot. Mine did that a few times, where it would either stay on the "m" screen or boot loop. As long as you just plug it in for awhile and leave it alone you should be able to get it going. Also, are you flashing the ESE53 sbf. file, or are you flashing the ESE81 Recovery Sbf. file? My suggestion would be to flash the 2.0.1 sbf file, once you've let it charge for an hour, uninterrupted.

12. fichdak

fichdak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have 3.

Yea, I've got the 2.0.1. It died midway and corrupted the phone but hopefully another flash will fix that next time I try.

I've kinda lost hope though. I'll probably just pay the $90 deductible for insurance.

#12 fichdak, May 21, 2010
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
Search tags for this page
can't mount /dev/block/stl12

your mobile number is either not active or invalid