1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Emergency! Need to remove SPRecovery tonight!

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by AzJazz, Jul 21, 2010.

1. AzJazz

AzJazz New Member

Hi -

I installed BBv0.4 on a friend's phone after rooting and upgrading him to the wonderful world of Froyo last week. :)

He was pretty happy ... Until his Droid died this morning. Well, "died" isn't exactly the right word. "Possessed by the Devil" would be more appropriate. :icon_evil:

His Droid started acting erratically ... like somebody was controlling it remotely and pressing the screen randomly.

After I was able to get him back to his Android 2.1 image, it was apparent that his Droid was experiencing hardware problems, and needed to be returned to Verizon for a warranty replacement.

I have returned him to Android 2.1, and restored SPRecovery, but I need to restore the stock Recovery Mode tonight so that he can return the phone to Verizon tomorrow. He's leaving town Friday morning for 3 weeks, and he needs his phone during the trip.

How can I restore the stock Recovery Mode?

Thanks for any help on this issue!

AzJazz
  2. necr0

necr0 New Member

Here, read this. In your case, box option 1 and 5 will resolve your problem.
  3. mkraffert

mkraffert New Member

Are you sure it's possessed and not just the victim of a cheap battery charger? There are some chargers on eBay that will cause that "possessed" behavior.
  4. AzJazz

AzJazz New Member

Thank you, sir! That did the trick ... The sick Droid can now go to the hospital tomorrow!

On a Side Note: It took me about 15 minutes to get to the screens on the reflashed Droid to initiate the download. When the Droid thinks it's getting all sorts of screen presses, it sure is hard to get the real ones recognized!

The Droid was not connected to a charger when this was happening. It was running on 80% battery. Unless, do you mean that the "cheap battery chargers" cause Droid damage? If so, is there a fix?
  5. ggpike

ggpike New Member

The whole droid getting ghost screen presses has happened to me twice since last night. I've not added anything or changed my usual use of the phone. Pressing the power button to turn the screen off seemed to do the trick to stop the phantom presses . . . but this does worry me. Hoping it doesn't get any worse.
  6. AzJazz

AzJazz New Member

I hope not, too. But, my friend's got worse - and got better when the Droid was cold.
  7. tonyjaguar1

tonyjaguar1 New Member