Emergency! Help, please!

OwlD2G

Reaction score
I just noticed an icon on my Droid 2 Global's desktop...and it says 'Emergency Alert'!!! What is this? Please help!

Thank you.

OwlD2G

TJConnery

Reaction score
Relax

Bloatware. There is an emergency notification app included on the phone. Enter the app, hit settings, and see what types of alerts can be enabled.

OP
O

OwlD2G

Reaction score
Thanks. It was actually giving me a high wind advisory.

TJConnery

Reaction score
Weather

That sounds like a weather advisory from weather bug. Did you see the ! sign in your notifications bar or something on the desktop?

You can enable/disable those in the app. They drive my wife crazy so she had me turn them off. For me, they are faster than the weather radio when a thunderstorm/tornado warning is issued, so I leave them on. (and the wx radio is in the pile of discarded devices).

OP
O

OwlD2G

Reaction score
yup...red triangle with a red exclamation point inside of it

TJConnery

Reaction score
WxBug

Yup, that's Weatherbug. BTW, we have a high wind warning here also in NYC!

TimChgo9

Reaction score
That sounds like a weather advisory from weather bug. Did you see the ! sign in your notifications bar or something on the desktop?

You can enable/disable those in the app. They drive my wife crazy so she had me turn them off. For me, they are faster than the weather radio when a thunderstorm/tornado warning is issued, so I leave them on. (and the wx radio is in the pile of discarded devices).

Around here WeatherBug lags behind the weather radio, for whatever reason. I am sure it's all transmitted at roughly the same time, but I'll get the alert on my phone about a minute or so after the weather radio alert. I keep them active because it's a great way to get weather info if I'm away from the house. For winter weather, our local office doesn't sound the alert so, the Weather Bug is the only way I get Winter Storm Warnings, or Winter Weather Advisories..