Emergency alert national threat. Wtf?

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey did anyone that is running the. 901 update get a national threat alert stating take shelter by 8 pm est. in their emergency alert app? Cuz i got one an i am wondering if it was a test like they do on the tv or radio every so often or a real one. i dont believe it was a real one cuz i am pretty sure it would have been on the news.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

azdrifter

Reaction score
I'm on .901 i didn't receive an alert not as of yet anyhow,butt I do beleive that it would be telivised if there were any truth to and also on the radio stations.

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
I'm on it and I didn't get anything

Rooted and Hot Rodded DROID BIONIC

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Maybe its Verizon's alert stating that your phone is rooted lol.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Which app did you say you got this message?

ybnrml86

Reaction score
Im in Jersey that happened to us about a month ago.

Bogus Emergency Alert Leads New Jersey to Think the World is Endingerizon FUBAR

wseyller

Reaction score
I remember verizon added in a new app on 901 that has to do with this. I assume they hadn't implemented the alert system yet.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I see the app. It says "No alerts at this time."

To the OP, do you have a way to take a screen shot? There's a free app called Screen Grabber that will work on unrooted Bionics. You long press on Search (or shake) to take the picture. If you aren't rooted you have to uncheck "Requires root access" in Advance Options.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man they need to get a handle on these test alerts, or make it more clear... every one of these "tests" (not only on Verizon, but T-mobile did this awhile back as well) has come out with no warning about a test, and obviously can be unnerving to the recipient...

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Maybe the world was ABOUT to end, but was saved at the very last second, right when the clock hit 00:00:01, by some ultimate bad ass hero. I'm just going to assume that's what happened...

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I see the app. It says "No alerts at this time."

To the OP, do you have a way to take a screen shot? There's a free app called Screen Grabber that will work on unrooted Bionics. You long press on Search (or shake) to take the picture. If you aren't rooted you have to uncheck "Requires root access" in Advance Options.

Damn i should have thought about the screen shot now its to late but i called verizon an they said it was a test an they werent aware the bionic had this app yet (i dont think the guy knew that the 901 update got pushed so i didnt elaborate to save me an awkward situation)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ohaaron

Reaction score
Info about the system

Actually, the software does not dispatch info to all users with the app. This is a new technology that is provided by the chip in your Droid Bionic. The recent software update .901 enabled the chip in your device. Now, when you are connected to a tower that is in a geographic area that an alert is dispatched to, you will receive the alert dispatched to that area. You can find more information here: Answers to FAQs . I have alerted the web-page admin that the device list is out of date. It sounds as if you have received a test alert that was intended for Verizon employees only, as described in the FAQs.