Embedded Flash Videos not working

Discussion in 'Droid Razr and Razr Maxx ICS discussion' started by swallman, Jun 27, 2012.

1. toneyl

toneyl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, so the tips worked for embedded video for Dolphin and the stock browser (Firefox didn't work). What still doesn't work are video's from websites like CBS.com. It always hangs on the advertisement. I *think* that I tried it once and it worked with ICS one day when there wasn't an ad. Are most of the websites that aren't working, those that have ads? Just curious.

EDIT: Never mind. On ESPN video, the ads work but the video doesn't :(
    And I reinstalled Firefox Beta, still can't see ESPN or CBS videos

#85 toneyl, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  2. swallman

swallman Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm really surprised there has been no official verification from Verizon that this is a known issue by now.

3. jaye712

jaye712 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38
    I did almost every tip but still nothing.besides my service goin out every 15/30 mins or so(off topic,my fault)i made a call to Verizon the other day n asked if they heard anything about flash not wrking with ics,(playstore comments& on here"droid forums"that i wasnt the only one with this problem"droidrazr/maxx,takin a wild guess its at least 80% of ppl.. ,they didnt say much but it sounds like i wasnt the only one who reported that issue,n theyll look out on it..sooo,i guess iam getin yet,another replacement this Tuesday n see if it helps or not.i highly dought it but ill keep this topic posted

DROID RAZR/ICS215

4. pinoy_92

pinoy_92 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    maybe because its not an issue or a bug. its a feature.

5. tmccorkel

tmccorkel New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So, I posted a little hastily.. apparently flash still does not work on my phone. I was using vimeo and espn as my test sites. I think they were forwarding me to another format. My phone is only a week old, so I can either return it and activate my old Droid 2 or stick it out and hope for some better updates. What would you guys do?

6. Brian47

Brian47 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I replaced mine with a rezound. It doesn't have ics yet, but is certified to work with ics. Flash is more important to me than ics.

7. jaye712

jaye712 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38
    Welp.i got a replacement to test if it would fix the problem but apparently it doesn't..damm u flash!!!

DROID RAZR/ICS215

8. jaye712

jaye712 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38
    I would stay with ur droid2,i dnt think this problem will be fixed anytime soon.i jst got a replacement to see if it was the problem,its not even the case lol.doesn't wrk at all..its just me though.if i had another smartphone that saported flash,id swich it bck in a heartbeat up until the issues get resolved

DROID RAZR/ICS215

9. jaye712

jaye712 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38
    Sooo..i called Motorola..and they said its a very known issue.the way iam takin it,they dont have a certain date when itll be fixed.basically its adobe's fault not wanting to saport android.the agent i was talkin too has the same problem.i guess we have to wait until further notice(if flash will even change it)they claim they will keep us posted.until then,it sucks for 80/90% of us

DROID RAZR/ICS215

10. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    While I'm not surprised that Motorola is passing the buck to Adobe, I don't completely buy the answer that was given. It's true that Adobe is dropping support for Flash on Android, but that lack of support is beyond 4.0.X (which implies that it would be supported within the range of 4.0.0 to 4.0.9). Flash works great on my S3 (in fact, it's the smoothest I've ever seen Flash run on Android), and the S3 is running 4.0.4 just like the RAZR/MAXX. I'm no engineer, but considering Flash works just fine on other phones running the same OS version, it seems to me that the issue would be more on Motorola's end of things.

11. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,513
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    It would make sense that its a moto issue. I believe they probably chose to stop supporting it.

12. jaye712

jaye712 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38
    Whoever it is,they needa fix it...definitely not gonna be a icrap owner.this is beyond ridiculous

DROID RAZR/ICS215

Search tags for this page
droid razr flash not working
droid razr flash player not working

droid razr maxx not playing videos

droid razr maxx video player not working

droid razr not playing videos

droid razr video player not working

razr maxx not playing video
video not working on android
video player not working on droid razr
videos not playing on droid razr