Embedded Flash Videos not working

jaye712

Reaction score
Welp.i got a replacement to test if it would fix the problem but apparently it doesn't..damm u flash!!!

DROID RAZR/ICS215

jaye712

Reaction score
tmccorkel said:
So, I posted a little hastily.. apparently flash still does not work on my phone. I was using vimeo and espn as my test sites. I think they were forwarding me to another format. My phone is only a week old, so I can either return it and activate my old Droid 2 or stick it out and hope for some better updates. What would you guys do?

I would stay with ur droid2,i dnt think this problem will be fixed anytime soon.i jst got a replacement to see if it was the problem,its not even the case lol.doesn't wrk at all..its just me though.if i had another smartphone that saported flash,id swich it bck in a heartbeat up until the issues get resolved

DROID RAZR/ICS215

jaye712

Reaction score
Sooo..i called Motorola..and they said its a very known issue.the way iam takin it,they dont have a certain date when itll be fixed.basically its adobe's fault not wanting to saport android.the agent i was talkin too has the same problem.i guess we have to wait until further notice(if flash will even change it)they claim they will keep us posted.until then,it sucks for 80/90% of us

DROID RAZR/ICS215

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Sooo..i called Motorola..and they said its a very known issue.the way iam takin it,they dont have a certain date when itll be fixed.basically its adobe's fault not wanting to saport android.the agent i was talkin too has the same problem.i guess we have to wait until further notice(if flash will even change it)they claim they will keep us posted.until then,it sucks for 80/90% of us

DROID RAZR/ICS215

While I'm not surprised that Motorola is passing the buck to Adobe, I don't completely buy the answer that was given. It's true that Adobe is dropping support for Flash on Android, but that lack of support is beyond 4.0.X (which implies that it would be supported within the range of 4.0.0 to 4.0.9). Flash works great on my S3 (in fact, it's the smoothest I've ever seen Flash run on Android), and the S3 is running 4.0.4 just like the RAZR/MAXX. I'm no engineer, but considering Flash works just fine on other phones running the same OS version, it seems to me that the issue would be more on Motorola's end of things.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It would make sense that its a moto issue. I believe they probably chose to stop supporting it.

jaye712

Reaction score
Whoever it is,they needa fix it...definitely not gonna be a icrap owner.this is beyond ridiculous

DROID RAZR/ICS215

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I think it is just a transitional problem, we are just in the wrong in between stage. Once HTML 5 gets more wipe spread Flash won't be needed, which is why Adobe is stopping their support.

All the embedded videos I have tried on Chrome work for me and I don't have Flash installed, course I don't look at very many different sites with videos. I can surely see where the frustration lies, hopefully updated browsers for Android will address the issue.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
BaSHa said:
Still ticks me off that they took a very capable device and handicapped it!

Oh for sure it is frustrating.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX.

nsain1

Reaction score
This is one of two complete failures with ICS. The other is the inability to send/Forward emails to groups.

Al.Gray

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm new to this forum and new to android (2 weeks).
I too have had this problem with playing flash embedded videos on my Galaxy SIII since the last OTA update, where videos wouldn't play in either Chrome or Firefox mobile browsers. However, they do still play on my stock phone browser *and* Dolphin browser that I recently installed. Hope this is of use to some of you.

Cheers, Al.

I'm not arrogant or a know-it-all - I'm over-eager to help & not very good at writing humbly. Verify my answers!

Samsung Galaxy SIII - r00ted
Android version 4.0.4 ICS

Baseband version
I9300XXLGB

Kernel Version
3.0.15-928452-user
se.infra@SEP-107 #1
SMP PREEMPT Thu Jul26 12:06:08 KST

Build number
IMM79D.I9300XXBLGB

Last edited:

BaSHa

Reaction score
Screenshot_2012-08-06-10-27-44.png
Screenshot_2012-08-06-10-36-51.png

Love this "update"...... :mad:

Last edited:

William_04_x

Reaction score
My Xoom running JB plays embedded flash videos just fine. Other phones running ICS play them also. ICS on the RAZR=FAIL.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
My Xoom running JB plays embedded flash videos just fine. Other phones running ICS play them also. ICS on the RAZR=FAIL.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Yeah, Flash works perfectly fine on my S3 (which is running 4.0.4 just like the RAZR/MAXX) and on my TF300. It's definitely an issue on Motorola's end of things.