embarrassing pict/texts exposed

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by idiotlostphone, Aug 2, 2012.

1. idiotlostphone

idiotlostphone New Member

OK…I admit…not the smartest phone user on the planet :blink:

Here is my question…to sum it up….went walking-phone fell out of pocket (Droid)…was missing for several days…finally someone notified me that they found it. Is there anyway (I will pick it up in the morning) I can tell if they went through my text messages/pictures/emails etc?? No….I did not have anything password protected- lesson learned!!
    Thanks for the help!!!
  2. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Nope, you're naked to the world.
  3. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello and welcome. Yep... you're out there now.. :(
  4. Yngwie77

Yngwie77 New Member

Lol...i ever lose mine my wife will kill me lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  5. idiotlostphone

idiotlostphone New Member

Well...just my luck!!! Guess when I pick my phone up in the morning I will be able to tell by the look on the guys face whether or not he looked thru my entire phone or not.....

I was really hoping to be able to look thru the settings or something and be able to see when the last time a picture was viewed or something like that...just really want to know if this person went thru my entire gallery and all of my texts.....
  6. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

If I may ask, are you a woman or a man?
    I'll assume man.. there's that trouble word... assume..

anyhow, if the person has contacted you, its relatively safe to say that they've crawled through your phone...

Its sucks I know.

Here's a little tip for you for the future, SMS backup any texts you need to keep and save them and any private pics on an SD card used specifically for that purpose... keep that sdcard in a safe place..NOT IN THE PHONE..

Other than that.. a program like vaulty with a password on it.
  7. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

Welcome to the forum idiotlostphone! I am sorry, this is really funny but it's not funny! I think the look on his face may give you a clue. You could ask him if he ever owned an android phone. If he didn't then he probably wouldn't have been able to figure out how to get to your pics or texts. Or maybe your phone died before he had a chance. Think positive!
  8. jmanches

jmanches Member

If it is still on, you can long press the home button and see the most recent apps that were used.
    1 person likes this.
  9. ambrown

ambrown New Member

Well the fortunate thing was that by looking through your phone the person probably found a way to contact you in it. The downside is they also had unfettered access to the rest of it's contents as well. I actually did find a lost phone myself once and tried looking through the contacts to find a way to return it. I had no luck since most of the contacts seemed jibberish to me and no real phone numbers or emails were attached within. I kept delving deeper and deeper to try and find a clue, and I did ultimately find some *ahem* photos of a revealing nature in there; though nothing with anyone's identity attached, and still no way to return it to the owner. Ultimately I took it to a lost and found at the apartment complex I found it by and hoped that someone would come to claim it. I didn't delete the photos I found, though now in hindsight I probably should have just in case someone else went a-prying into the phone, but at least there were no faces incriminating the person on the other end. I could have held onto it longer but then there wasn't much to really use to find anyone so I figured I'd get it off my hands as I couldn't do any more than I had done and holding onto it would have just meant one more thing I'm carrying around. So I hope that person found it, but then it was just an old flip phone so maybe they didn't care.

I'd say at least if you do have pictures that you don't want just anyone to see then it's best to put them in a vault app. There's this vault app that can hide pictures, videos, text messages and their attachments, and even hide full contacts (though that seems more if you're cheating and are trying to sneak around a girlfriend/wife). And if you're really into secrecy can hide the app all together in the premium version so that the only way to access it is by dialing a preset number to "call" the app and access it. Here's the link in Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netqin.ps&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5uZXRxaW4ucHMiXQ..

A
    nd here's a review of that app on CNET.com:

CNET TV | Video Product Reviews, CNET Podcasts, Tech Shows, Live CNET Video - CNET TV

Hope that helps for the future.
  10. cherrywine

cherrywine New Member

put a password to lock the keypad that way no one can look thru anything on your phone unless they have that password
Search tags for this page
can vaulty be hacked
hack vault app
hack vaulty app
hacked vaulty pics
how to break into vault app
how to break into vaulty app
how to hack someones vault app
how to hack vault app
how to hack vaulty

how to hack vaulty app

vaulty app hack