Embarrassing moments with the DROID?

zigzags559

Reaction score
I have a sound byte from The Hangover as my text notification, in the church lobby after the service I turn the phone back on and sure enough right off the bat, "Not you fat Jesus, slide on back!!" Try explaining to some older folks The hangover movie!
I have that soundboard as well and yeah I'm sure that was an embarrassing moment for you..

FireDroid

Reaction score
If that wasnt bad enough, my 9y/o daughter called me on it!! she stops and looks up praying and says" please God forgive my daddy for making fun of Jesus!", needless to say I do not have it on there any longer!! lol

OP
msblueline

msblueline

Reaction score
If that wasnt bad enough, my 9y/o daughter called me on it!! she stops and looks up praying and says" please God forgive my daddy for making fun of Jesus!", needless to say I do not have it on there any longer!! lol

Aww! Your heart must have melted on that one... I know mine would have.

Of course my wife would have:cus: me out...

msblueline

zenman77

Reaction score
Well, Have you guys ever heard the rooster alert in the Alarms section? I'm in IT by trade and while on a service call my Droid's (volume up all the way) alarm went off while I was gone. Let's face it this phone has one of the loudest speaker's I've ever heard on one. Anyway as I walk in the door, I'm greeted by the other techs, 2 admins and our manager and they were'nt happy! The thing kept going off and they were like (What the H3ll is that?) lol

I try to keep it on vibrate now when walking away for any length of time.

Flea506

Reaction score
Yeah the DROID thing like specically when my two kids( 1 1/2, and 2 yo) repeat it cracks me up every time.

Big Lou

Reaction score
I connected my Droid to a stereo to stream Pandora VERY loud at a kickball game. We were listening to party music when all of a sudden my girlfriend called and it played my ringtone for her: Everything by Michael Buble. LOL

Reaction score
Nothing Embarrassing has happened to me and Das phone. But some funny Sh*t definitely happened. It seems as my phone is alive when this stuff happens because it Coincidently decides to finish sentences from me, my friends and anything Else! for example
I'm Lisning to the song Amber from 311. The begging playes im bobbing my head a bit "Brainstorm Takes me away from the Norm... III've got to tell you somethingggg. Drrrrooooiiiiddd". My friends and i nearly swereved off the road laughing so hard.

Later on that day were sufinn on youtube and watching a video were a guy decided to throw a handfull of flour at his girlfriend while she was doing makeup and wearing her 100 dress. she gets upset starts crying and screams "This was a hundred dollar dress! You think this if f**ckin funny?!?! "Drrrrroooooiiiiddd" lmao i think Mike pissed his pants. This phone kicks tooo much ass. :icon_ banana:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I was with my MIL when the wife called and "Crazy B****" is her ringtone......MIL was :icon_eek:

bacalao

Reaction score
I was reading this topic earlier and should've known better..... I was in first lecture of the semester this afternoon and "DROOOOOOOOOID!!"
Got a lot of people asking about it after class (engineering grad students, what do you expect!)

lockman

Reaction score
Two funny ones-
Sitting on a throne in a public restroom- "Grunt, grunt, Drrrrrrooooiiid!"

When I first got the phone, I set the ringtone to be Crazy B---h as covered by Richard Cheese, where he sings the title line clear as day. So I'm sitting with my son's guidanc counselor when my wife calls. Needless tosay his look was priceless.

harlock

Reaction score
Dammit Zero!

It was no longer than about a day or two that I had the DROID, and had immediately D/L the Barcode Scanner app (too cool). I was trying to show it off to my coworkers with a friendly enough looking barcode, but it just wouldn't recognize it.

All I could do was tip my head down looking frustrated with the DROID, revert to a classic Ralph Richardson quote from the original version of, Rollerball, and say, "Dammit Zero! You MUST! You simply MUST tell us what we want to know!" Well those may not be the exact words, but it's real close ;)

We can always blame problems on the device's AI, claiming that, "Well, these things sometimes have a mind of their own sometimes. You know, AI, and thinking for themselves, and... well, sometimes... there's a man... sometimes... there's a man... well... he's the man for his time and place... "