Embarrassing moments with the DROID?

sc4fpse

Reaction score
The Droid notification has only been embarrassing when my phone's volume was turned up loud. Oops.

roflcopters

Reaction score
I like the Droid notification, but some peoples looks are just funny. Also, I find all the other ones that came on the phone to be...well..gay lol

geronimogman

Reaction score
try explainin ur lil wayne i wish i could **** every girl in the world ringtone to your grandma lmao..im like hey....he speaks the truth

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just the typical looking for the video to show someone and the first three thumbs of the gallery was as you would say, home movies made with the wifey

Last edited by a moderator:

cuskit

Reaction score
Driving to a local pub with a friend who had "taken the afternoon off" to hang out with me, and I was demonstrating the Navigator for him. His boss calls on his cellphone, he's in the middle of telling him that he was "picking up some paper supplies" at Staples, when just then my Droid announces our destination, Idle Hour Bar is just ahead on the left. Yikes! Talk about a beet red face! Sorry - I just couldn't get my hand down to mute it quick enough. ;)

I sat alone at the bar the rest of the afternoon. He decided he had to go back to work...

cuskit

bb-gun

Reaction score
try explainin ur lil wayne i wish i could **** every girl in the world ringtone to your grandma lmao..im like hey....he speaks the truth

I thought was drake that sang that. Awesome song though

OP
msblueline

msblueline

Reaction score
I have to agree with the "DROOOIIIIIDDDDD!" I love that tone and use it for my gmail account. I love the look on everyone's face when it goes off. I know there are people that are jealous of my new BFFL (DROID).

I also have Twidroid that I use for Twitter (you can follow me on the link below... :icon_ devil:)

Anyway, I use one of the DROID tones "Tweeters" for it, and my sister in-law, who is HOT by the way :icon_ banana: ... cannot stand that tone... As soon as it goes off she cringes, and tells me that I need to change it... I keep it just so I can drive her madly insane... LOL!

msblueline

spazma7ik

Reaction score

Especially considering that your grandma is one of those "girls in the world" :icon_eek:

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
I sometimes work in a hospital unit where cell phones are absolutely forbidden. The unit provides lockers to secure your phone. I don't like leaving my phone in my car, so I utilize the lockers whenever I'm on this unit. One night I completely forgot to lock up my phone and walked on the unit with it in my pocket. Not 10 minutes into my shift, I'm in a room with two nurses when my phone starts to ring (Droid Invasion). They stop what they're doing and look directly at me. One of them smirked at me and said, "BUSTED!" Now, this wouldn't have been bad if it weren't for the fact that I'm the one that routinely checks people that come onto the unit and make sure they don't have their cell phones with them.

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The "DRROOOOIIIIIDDD" tends to freak some folks out when it just comes out of nowhere.

Yep, that's it for me as well. I had added an app that would change your ringer to vibrate (or silent) automatically when you sent up the GPS location. I set it up for Church as I thought my parents might need to call in an emergency. Yeah, it went to vibrate, but not the announcement that I got an email.

bwhite757

Reaction score
Uhhh. I guess the DRRRROOOIIIIDDDD got me too. I had promised my wife that I was going to take it easy on my tech gear spending a day before the Droid came out. The day I got my phone, I come home and am not in the house more than 10 minutes when the Droid notification goes off, full volume.

I slept on the couch that night.

thelion

Reaction score
The "DRROOOOIIIIIDDD" tends to freak some folks out when it just comes out of nowhere.

I think its funny to see people's faces when that goes off LMAO

I've tried playing dumb like it wasn't me but that never works. Only so many folks out there have the Droid and it isn't like that is a stock notification on just any phone!

But I love it. Except when I forget to turn down the volume overnight and I about fall out of bed when it goes off at 3am. Then, I don't love it :mad:

OP
msblueline

msblueline

Reaction score
Uhhh. I guess the DRRRROOOIIIIDDDD got me too. I had promised my wife that I was going to take it easy on my tech gear spending a day before the Droid came out. The day I got my phone, I come home and am not in the house more than 10 minutes when the Droid notification goes off, full volume.

I slept on the couch that night.

But you weren't alone. You had your DROID... :icon_censored:
msblueline