Embarrassing moments with the DROID?

msblueline

Reaction score
In your job, in public, in a meeting, in church, or simply standing in line at a store.

Have you ever had anything embarrassing happen (ie: inappropriate ringtone, or showing pictures and you forgot to delete that one incriminating picture :icon_eek:)

Just curious. :)

msblueline

thelion

Reaction score
The "DRROOOOIIIIIDDD" tends to freak some folks out when it just comes out of nowhere.

jdritzer

Reaction score
One day at work I had to go pick up my boss because of a flat tire and I had .977 comedy running on my droid and the comedian started talking about butt sex. Whoops.

OMEGA5

Reaction score
Yup, the Drooooiiiiiid notifaction is the one. After I had it for a few days, I was standing in line while x-mas shopping and it went off, and everyone in front of me turned back to look. I was only embarrassed for a second, though, as when I pulled out the Droid I could see some folks were jealous! And the guy behind me asked me about it and of course I was more than happy to show it off a little! (okay, a lot) Seriously, Verizon owes me commission on at least 10 of these things! I have convinced friends, co-workers, and friends of friends to get one. After playing with mine for about 10 minutes, the President of my company even went out and got one! That really irked our DOO (Director of operations) with his idrone, haha.

pmc2025

Reaction score
Yeah... I was at a Q and A being given by Dee Dee Myers (press secretary under Clinton), and in the middle of my question, my phone lets out a massive DROOOOOIIIIID. *FacePalm* moment

Nice95gle

Reaction score
At work I'm surrounded by all iPhone users. So the other day I was showing some of the cool things this phone can do. At this very moment stupid Pure Calendar chose to stop responding, so I had to do a Force Close. The looks I got was like "are you serious with this phone?" :icon_eek:

FireDroid

Reaction score
I have a sound byte from The Hangover as my text notification, in the church lobby after the service I turn the phone back on and sure enough right off the bat, "Not you fat Jesus, slide on back!!" Try explaining to some older folks The hangover movie!

tu3218

Reaction score
whenever I'm around my friends and I go to search something on my phone and use voice recognition they always jump on me cause its pretty techy searching for things by voice and well accurately getting results back lol Course I'm the techy out of the group so its to be expected.

roflcopters

Reaction score
The DROID notification is what does it for me. The guy I work with mostly always gives a "wtf" look when it goes off. Only other thing I gotta be careful of is hiding certain texts and pictures from the GF lol

FireDroid

Reaction score
Also at work when the DROOOIIIDDD goes of anyone around me shouts DRROOOIIDDDDDD!!!!!!!

Daver

Reaction score
Got a nice one for this...First night i show my friends, they of course voice search "boobs" being the mature guys they are. I don't use the browser again until the next day when I let my dad check it out for the first time. He was greeted by many boobies when he opened the browser lol.

speed4tu

Reaction score
Ok, I don't have any embarrassing moments with my phone, but if everyone is embarrassed with the Droooooiiiidddd thing, why do you guys not just change it? That was the first thing i killed off my phone after getting it.