Emails-non gmail

Bry2

Reaction score
Hey,

I am new here and tried to search to see if anyone has asked this but I couldn't find anything.

I am a bit OCD about keeping my in-box empty or only have the relevant emails in my in-box. When I delete out my AOL emails the droid program pulls more from what I am assuming is my read mail at AOL. I don't have anything in my inbox when I go to check it directly from AOL but my email icon in my droid has TONS of emails and if I delete out a bunch it picks up a bunch of older ones I have already read but not deleted. Is there a way to stop this with out going to AOL and deleting all of my "read" mail?

Let me know :)

Bry.

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
not sure. You may just have to go into aol and move all your read emails to another folder. Something other than your inbox. maybe just create a save or read folder

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My suggestion is don't go to AOL to get your mail. When you're on the computer or on your Droid just use gmail. You can set gmail up so it doesn't leave a copy in your AOL mailbox. Got things you want to save? You can do that with gmail by archiving. Below I'm providing a link. Read through it and you can see how you can set it up in the manner I described.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...66-droid-hints-pop3-gmail-forwarding-you.html

LordKastle

Reaction score
i disagree with bill. there is absolutely no reason that someone should become dependent on google related services just because they are using android. if you want to, that is fine... but if someone wants to use the email program in android to check for messages from other providers then there is no need for everyone to use a gmail account.

while i have no advice on how to fix the problem...maybe cyrus had a good idea for you. [until google finds interest in improving android, rather than trying to use it as a tool to breed dependance and attainment of user data]

Last edited:

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
bry, the email app is going to keep pulling emails from your inbox every time you delete some, but this will only happen until it has pulled all the emails to the droid once. So just keep deleting and let the droid pull more. Once it has cycled thru all your email in your AOL box once, then it will only pull the new ones going forward. So that should solve your problem, just may take a while depending on how many emails are sitting in your AOL inbox