Emails Disappear

msf424

Reaction score
I have set the phone up and it receives email fine...not through gmail, it is our work server. However, as soon as I log onto my computer and open outlook the emails disappear from my phone. Is there anything that I can do to keep them on my phone. Sometime I am out of the office and need to refer back to an email and it is no longer available on my phone

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That is the nature of the native email app. Switch over to K-9 or Maildroid (both from the market). Or Touchdown if it's an exchange account.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You really need to specify the type of email account. "Work" and Outlook don't really tell us anything. Outlook supports a number of different types of email accounts.

OP
M

msf424

Reaction score
sorry....on the laptop I open the email with outlook. not sure what the work server is exactly but i know when i set up the email i had to use smtp and pop information...so...a pop? i can get more information if i had any idea of what i need to know

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Open your email on the phone. Hit MENU then SETTINGS then AMOUNT TO SYNCHRONIZE. What is it set to?

OP
M

msf424

Reaction score
i dont see amount to synchronize anywhere.. the phone is the original droid motorola

OP
M

msf424

Reaction score
i did just find a lot of the old emails in the trash folder. is there a way to change the settings so that they dont go in the trash or is there a way to move them back out of the trash

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Here's a writeup I did for a battery saving thread, but it has the solution to all your difficulties:
------------------------------------------------------------------
[FONT=&quot]Emails: I don't know what email app you use, but try this. It saves battery power and in some cases emails arrive quicker. This scheme will have you using only the Gmail app on the phone for all email accounts whether they are pop3 accounts or Gmail. Go to the Google Gmail inbox on your computer and log into the Gmail account. On the top right of the screen is an option called Settings. In there is an option to have the Gmail program poll your regular, non-Gmail accounts (From the inbox; Settings/Accounts & Import/ Check mail using POP3). Provide the email address and the password. The Google Gmail program will then poll your other accounts on a frequency from 1-5 minutes and push the email immediately to your phone. The polling frequency is determined by each account's activity - more emails = faster polling. This saves battery power because on the android OS pop3 accounts are polled at a frequency of 1-30 minutes and that really eats battery. Because the phone goes and checks those accounts for mail whether there is mail there or not.[/FONT]
---------------------------------------------------------------
The Gmail app will not remove anything until you delete it. And you will save on battery power and probably get your emails quicker. It's a better email app.