Email

z_man96

Reaction score
I've setup a pop3 email on my droid, I can receive emails fine but I cannot send emails unless I'm on my own wifi at home. I've setup having my emails sent to my gmail account, but I don't like having them say "on behalf of". I've tried tried setting up having the email sent thru my smtp server but it keeps saying "Couldn't reach server. Please double-check the server and port number." I've done this numerous times, I am doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Download K-9 from the Market and configure it to point to your email account addresses. It should solve most of your problems, or at least allow you to isolate them. If you're using the stock "email" app, turn off polling and notification there and have k-9 handle it.

If you are forwarding email from various accounts to gmail, simply point the K-9 email client at the gmail account. Don't have it poll; you'll get notification from the push functionality in the google email account.

OP
Z

z_man96

Reaction score
ok, i downloaded K-9 and that didn't help, it still will not send email.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should contact your isp and ask if the smtp settings are different when not connecting from home.

OP
Z

z_man96

Reaction score
I've already done that, and i have the settings correct set correctly, from what i've gotten from them, i'll have to wait until they change their outgoing servers to secured servers.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, so they're telling you that you need to switch ISPs. Just curious, who are these jabronies?

OP
Z

z_man96

Reaction score
no not change isp's, i'll just have to wait until they make some upgrades with their servers

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's really nothing to be done. The ISP doesn't allow people that aren't on their service to use their SMTP server as an anti-spam measure and they currently do not have a solution. The solution is using the secured SMTP servers once they're available. There may be some other SMTP server that OP can use but I wouldn't count on such a solution.