1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Email

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by droidgrr, Jun 9, 2011.

1. droidgrr

droidgrr New Member

I just moved to a Droid 2 Global from a Blackberry. I was able to set my email (thru centurytel.net) up on my BB to send to my BB, but not delete the email from my server. My emails would only be deleted from my server when I got my email from my PC and it would also delete from my BB after I downloaded them.

I want this setup as I don't want to have to look in 2 places for email - sometimes they go to my phone, sometimes they go to my PC. What do I need to change to make this happen?

Thanks.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  2. Gasai Yuno

Gasai Yuno New Member

You should set the account's “delete email from server” to “never”, I guess.

I'm not sure how Blackberry automatically synchronises POP3 email, because the only way it could delete emails you already received on the device, then received on the PC and deleted them there, by just deleting every message that is not present on the server which isn't what a POP3 client should really do. (I'm running email services myself, and I know exactly how email protocols such as POP3, IMAP4, and SMTP, work.)
  3. droidgrr

droidgrr New Member

I don't see an option on my Droid email account to set “delete email from server” to “never”. I assume I am not looking in the right place?
  4. Gasai Yuno

Gasai Yuno New Member

5. droidgrr

droidgrr New Member

I looked at that link. It is similar, but not exactly the same. I already had my email setup like this and am receiving emails on my Droid. This is what I don't understand:

This is what I have done:

On my PC, I close my email (Outlook Express) so I won't receive any.
    On my Droid, Settings>Accounts>select my other email account>Other Settings> "Remove manually deleted emails from the server" is checked.
    I wait until I get another email on my Droid.
    I go to my PC and open Outlook Express. The email that I got on my Droid does not show up.

On my PC, I close my email (Outlook Express) so I won't receive any.
    On my Droid, Settings>Accounts>select my other email account>Other Settings> unchecked "Remove manually deleted emails from the server"
    I wait until I get another email on my Droid.
    I go to my PC and open Outlook Express. The email that I got on my Droid does not show up.

I have no idea what checking or unchecking this box is supposed to do? I would think something different, but my email is acting the same regardless.
  6. Gasai Yuno

Gasai Yuno New Member

That checkbox removes emails you deleted on the Droid, so it's a different case.

What you described means that the Droid's mail client is not set to leave messages on the server. Alas, I don't have any POP3 accounts as of now, so I can't check this myself.

To work around this issue you could use gmail and make it fetch your mail from centurytel, but yeah, it will be a “different” solution since your From: address when you reply will contain your gmail address instead of centurytel one.
Search tags for this page
4.1.2 email setup
android centurytel not syncing

centurytel email deleting on phone and on server

centurytel email not staying on server
centurytel email on droid
centurytel email settings for android
centurytel imap -centurylink
galaxy s4 email setup centurytel
getting sprint.blackberry.net email android device
how to add my centurytel.net email to my driodx
how to get my centurytel email to my phone