email?

JayMonster

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by it only happens if you have the full thread. I see it every time in gmail, but I'll take your advice and mention it at the address you suggested.

It's not that inconvenient for me, just another step to take. Most of the time if I see they are from a forum I subscribe I don't even bother opening it I just go to my regular email.

What I mean is, for example, these posts all come in to Gmail with the subject of "Reply to thread 'email?'" (without quotes of course), so Gmail puts them together in a thread. The first time you get the message, it actually has the full link back here. But each subsequent e-mail (and remember if you delete it... unless you actually empty deleted items, to Gmail it is still there), after the first one will have the shortened url. But up top you will see where you could view the previous e-mails on this subject. If you select the first e-mail, the link is still there and available to click on.

(Does that make any more sense... or did I make it worse?)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by it only happens if you have the full thread. I see it every time in gmail, but I'll take your advice and mention it at the address you suggested.

It's not that inconvenient for me, just another step to take. Most of the time if I see they are from a forum I subscribe I don't even bother opening it I just go to my regular email.

What I mean is, for example, these posts all come in to Gmail with the subject of "Reply to thread 'email?'" (without quotes of course), so Gmail puts them together in a thread. The first time you get the message, it actually has the full link back here. But each subsequent e-mail (and remember if you delete it... unless you actually empty deleted items, to Gmail it is still there), after the first one will have the shortened url. But up top you will see where you could view the previous e-mails on this subject. If you select the first e-mail, the link is still there and available to click on.

(Does that make any more sense... or did I make it worse?)

You're referring to the way it stacks the thread one on top of the other as the emails come in. I got you. So if I went to the very first posting I would see the full link.

The problem with that is this particular thread I look at has over 1000 posts on it. So to go back to the original email would take me to a page that would be useless to view.

If I'm understanding you correctly and I think I am.