Email unreliability/problems- verizon samsung fascinate

DIVINEY73

Reaction score
I am a Verizon customer who switched from a Blackberry Storm to a Samsung Fascinate (DROID)... and I am having a lot of problems receiving my email on a consistent basis. I tend to receive messages in groups many hours after they have been sent by others. I am also forced to turn the phone off and then back on in order to get the emails to "flow through" to my Inbox. Has anyone else had this problem... are there any solutions?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why are you saying this when I saw in your previous post you said you have a Samsung Galaxy S? The only thing in common with the Fascinate is they are both Android, not Droid phones.

Check your settings in Gmail. If you aren't forwarding through gmail, you should. If you are doing that and still have issues then get either K9 or Touchdown app.

I really don't know why your trying to get information about a different phone then what you really have. I gave you a forum where you could find some help, please try over there.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Technically i think the fascinate is a galaxy s phone along with the epic 4g and vibrant and I think one more. He/she may have referred to it as a galaxy s when specifically meant fascinate.

tappin and a talkin

misaac

Reaction score
Exactly... on the back of the Fascinate is says Galaxy S.

Technically i think the fascinate is a galaxy s phone along with the epic 4g and vibrant and I think one more. He/she may have referred to it as a galaxy s when specifically meant fascinate.

tappin and a talkin

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am a Verizon customer who switched from a Blackberry Storm to a Samsung Fascinate (DROID)... and I am having a lot of problems receiving my email on a consistent basis. I tend to receive messages in groups many hours after they have been sent by others. I am also forced to turn the phone off and then back on in order to get the emails to "flow through" to my Inbox. Has anyone else had this problem... are there any solutions?

I would suggest that you consider trying this:

This will have you using only the Gmail app on the phone for all email accounts whether they are pop3 accounts or Gmail. Go to the Google Gmail inbox on your computer and log into the Gmail account. On the top right of the screen is an option called Settings. In there is an option to have the Gmail program poll your regular, non-Gmail accounts. Provide the email address and the password. The Google Gmail program will then poll your other accounts on a frequency from 1-5 minutes and push the email immediately to your phone. The polling frequency is determined by each account's activity - more emails = faster polling. It will always be no less frequent than every five minutes. This saves battery power because on the android OS pop3 accounts are polled at a frequency of 1-30 minutes and that really eats battery. Because the phone goes and checks those accounts for mail whether there is mail there or not.

Good luck.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya. It's easy to confuse though and I only know cause my girl has a vibrant.

tappin and a talkin

OP
D

DIVINEY73

Reaction score
Samsung galaxy s fascinate email problems

Sorry, I am not a tech wizard, but "spaz33g" and "misaac" are correct... I have a Fascinate which has Galaxy S on the back cover. Thanks for closing my original thread "hookbill" without giving me a chance to respond. Regardless, I am having problems with my email and the DROID FORUM has Samsung Fascinate listed under the DROID SELECTOR tab... thus I am posting my problem on the DROID FORUM.

OP
D

DIVINEY73

Reaction score
Thank you BayouFlyFisher for your helpful suggestion! I will try this and see how it works. Really appreciate it!

DIVINEY73

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I am not a tech wizard, but "spaz33g" and "misaac" are correct... I have a Fascinate which has Galaxy S on the back cover. Thanks for closing my original thread "hookbill" without giving me a chance to respond. Regardless, I am having problems with my email and the DROID FORUM has Samsung Fascinate listed under the DROID SELECTOR tab... thus I am posting my problem on the DROID FORUM.

No problem. Your sarcasm doesn't go unnoticed and if you post in the correct areas maybe your thread wouldn't have been closed. Had you said you had a Samsung Fascinate I would have moved you to the correct area for your post which was definitely not in the Motorola Droid General discsussion. :rolleyes:

Try to help people and this is the thanks you get.

TBV

Reaction score
Use K9

The stock email client is total garbage...I work @ VZW and almost returned my Fascinate due to emails not loading or taking forever to do so, and if they did eventually load, a PDF attachment would not open...

I then recalled one of my colleagues mentioning the K9 application months earlier for my OG Droid...not only do the emails come in as consitently and quickly as it did on my BB Curve 8330, but unlike the stock email client, it has a 'select all' which allows you to delete with more efficiency and speed unlike the crap they put on the device stock.

D-load K9 from the marketplace...you will love it! :) DBV

chrisd56

Reaction score
I am gonna try the k9 app. The email on this phone really does suck big time compaired to my old original motorola droid. Really hope this works, love the phone otherwise and don't want to send it back!

fishmstr

Reaction score

No problem. Your sarcasm doesn't go unnoticed and if you post in the correct areas maybe your thread wouldn't have been closed. Had you said you had a Samsung Fascinate I would have moved you to the correct area for your post which was definitely not in the Motorola Droid General discsussion. :rolleyes:

Try to help people and this is the thanks you get.

Disregard last post

KPP

Reaction score
Gmail runs fine on my Fascinate without using any extra mail apps. To view attachments, Adobe needs to be downloaded from the market or you need to subscribe to Think Office, a stock app. Lastly, a sd card needs to be installed.