Email trouble

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Barcochris, May 26, 2010.

1. Barcochris

Barcochris New Member

Guys I have had trouble with sending mail from my droid. even the base email program would not do it. then it just stopped receiving till I told it too even though it was set to receive every 15 minutes. so Now I installed k9 and it still will not send. it says it requires authentication before sending. what can I do to fix this?
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

From one of our members, Vitticeps:

from the home screen go to Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Menu>Filter>All>Gmail Storage>Delete Data

Just clears all you gmail stored locally on the phone so it will have to redownload it all. A stuck or corrupt messages will hang up the sync like that.
  3. Barcochris

Barcochris New Member

that did not seem to do it. I do not use gmail for my email it is my work account that I loaded all my settings in. it recieves fine but does not send at all
  4. Taegost

Taegost New Member

Your work e-mail server probably requires authorization. Contact your network administrator to find out what kind of authentication is required in order for you to send.
    You'll then need to modify the e-mail account to use that setting by opening K-9 and donig the following:

1) Hit Menu
    2) Click 'More'
    3) Click 'Accounts'
    4) Long-press the account
    5) Choose 'Account Settings'
    6) Scroll almost all the way down and click 'Outgoing Server'
    7) Make the changes required
  5. Barcochris

Barcochris New Member

Ok.. I will check into it, but looking at my email setting on my computer it does not require anything
  6. Taegost

Taegost New Member

Most outgoing servers require at least to log into the pop3 or IMAP server before you can send using the SMTP server (Basically, need to check for incoming immediately before sending) which is a type of "authorization".
    It's also what Outlook and most e-mail clients default to if you don't specifically choose anything else, or nothing at all :)
  7. Barcochris

Barcochris New Member

When I had requires log in. it kept getting an error message. when i removed the requires log in it went ahead and set it up.
  8. Taegost

Taegost New Member

Yeah, if you put "requires log in" you have to put in the credentials, if you choose no authentication, it won't give an error until you try to send a message, like you've gotten :)
  9. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Sounds like this is resolved but please include critical info such as email app and email account type when posting threads like this.
  10. Barcochris

Barcochris New Member

Ok.. still working on this. Seems the issue is how my email is set up. it is set up on our company server in Chicago. but we send using a local provider. I have entered everything exactly how it is on my computer but for some reason it will not work. I remember having the same issue with my BB and don't remember how they fixed it. I believe it was something that BB did... when I called our local provider they said that it is because they don't have any emails associated with it.. I have no idea.. does anybody have any bright ideas on what I can do to work around this? I can receive just fine but can not send at all

it is a coporate email set up on a POP3 server. I am trying to send using the local providers SMTP server but does not work
Search tags for this page

having trouble sending emails from my droid

k9 email troubleshooting error during authentication

sbc requires authentication error on android

sbcglobal authentication error on android

sbcglobal email authorization issues

sbcglobal outlook email settings

trouble sending emails on droid x2

trouble with email on my droid