Email Sync Issues

Discussion in 'HTC Droid DNA' started by SchmidtIce253, Aug 24, 2013.

1. SchmidtIce253

SchmidtIce253 New Member

I bought my DNA back in may and love everything about it, my only problem is that i can only seem to receive emails for one of my 2(not including g-mail) email accounts(yahoo, and hotmail). I receive my yahoo emails regularly but not my hotmail ones. I have removed and reconnected my hotmail account 2x now both times in doing so i have been able to receive emails from that account. However, after a certain period of time i stop receiving those notifications and even when i go into the inbox and use the "push mail" method and it says its updating my inbox it comes up with no new messages(which i know im getting new messages everday cause when i login into the account on my computer i have tons of unread emails). Any thoughts on what this problem is and how to solve would be much appreciated.
  2. leeshor

leeshor DF Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum

Before you even mentioned Hotmail as the problem I guessed it was. MS is phasing oput Hotmail and converting the Hotmail accounts to Outlook.com. It's easy to browse to the Outlook.com site and convert from Hotmail. Hotmail will be no more before long.
  3. vien

vien New Member

I also have yahoo and hotmail on my phone and occasionally hotmail stops syncing. Not sure why, but I don't think it has anything to do with MS phasing out hotmail because I've had this problem years ago with my previous droid phone. What I did was I added hotmail as a POP account. I have no idea what that means, but I found the instructions online by googling "how to add POP email." The problem still occurs once in a blue moon, but it is a whole lot better.
Search tags for this page
android dna sync issue
android htc dna not syncing hotmail outlook emails

droid dna email problems

droid dna no longer sycing email
droid dna not receiving email
email issues with galaxy s3
galaxy s3 issues with hotmail sync

galaxy s4 snot syncing hotmail account

htc dna email problems

htc dna not getting email
htc dna sync problems