Email stuck in Outbox

sdb010

Reaction score
Sorry, I tried using the search feature with no luck. This is the second time this happened. I replied to an email and it did not get sent so I got the alarm that it wasn't sent. Then every fifteen minutes (when my email syncs) I'd get the alarm that it wasn't sent, over and over again. I tried deleting the email while in the outbox but was denied with the message that" this message is currently being sent and cannot be accessed" or something like that.

Nothing worked to stop this so I had to remove the email account and reinstall it.

This ever happen to anyone else?

Did I miss the thread ?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Did it continue to try and be sent even after you rebooted?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
S

sdb010

Reaction score
Forgot to mention that....I shut it off twice, no help and then soft reboot twice, still no help. Kept telling me message not sent. Then last resort remove account and add again.

pdaniel219

Reaction score
That happened to my wife. I had to pull up the list of sent mail, then menu button, then delete. I had to select the email and delete. It was the only thing that worked. That thing was trying to send for like 4 days! Not sure if it'll help, but that's how I got rid of hers. She has a stratosphere though, not sure if you'll have the same options as her.

TRayTalkning

Reaction score
Nearly two months later, this happened to me.

Sorry, I tried using the search feature with no luck. This is the second time this happened. I replied to an email and it did not get sent so I got the alarm that it wasn't sent. Then every fifteen minutes (when my email syncs) I'd get the alarm that it wasn't sent, over and over again. I tried deleting the email while in the outbox but was denied with the message that" this message is currently being sent and cannot be accessed" or something like that.

Nothing worked to stop this so I had to remove the email account and reinstall it.

This ever happen to anyone else?

Did I miss the thread ?

I must note that I was sending a couple HD photos that the server would not accept (due to size) so it appears it was in an endless loop of attempting to send. At any rate I disconnected from my Wireless Internet and put the Droid in Airplane mode. This allowed me to move the problem e-mails from the Outbox folder to the Drafts folder, which I promptly deleted.

redbike

Reaction score
I must note that I was sending a couple HD photos that the server would not accept (due to size) so it appears it was in an endless loop of attempting to send. At any rate I disconnected from my Wireless Internet and put the Droid in Airplane mode. This allowed me to move the problem e-mails from the Outbox folder to the Drafts folder, which I promptly deleted.

This worked nicely for me. Thanks.

docfixit

Reaction score
e-mails not being sent stuck in outbox

This worked nicely for me. Thanks.

This worked for me as well. thanks!

My problem was tryig to respond to "all" in an e-mail and it went into the loop of trying to send. Not sure what the problem with replyin gto all may be.

EllenL

Reaction score
I sent an email from my gmail on my Razr Maxx and had a typo in the email address. The email was stuck in my Outbox, and I'd receive regular notifications that I had a message that could not be sent. I could not figure out a way to delete the email from my Outbox. From the notification I could go to the gmail app and delete my gmail account, but I felt that was way too drastic. I was able to send a few other emails after this email got stuck in the Outbox; however, there was one with a correct email address (a reply) that also got stuck in the Outbox. I was so frustrated that I went to a Verizon Wireless store for help. All that needed to be done was put the phone in Airplane Mode, press down on each message in the Outbox, which moved them to the Drafts folder. From there, it was easy to delete the email or send and then put the phone back in regular mode.

JayBofMA

Reaction score
RE: Email stick in Outbox

Thank you for the solution. This is a really quirky bug in the Droid app. It should at lest fail-over in these conditions, rather than forcing the minor surgery to excise the bad email.