Email stuck in out going mail box

sportsman0822

Reaction score
I have an issue with an email I tried to send the other day. The email address was incorrect, and so it keeps coming back as failed to deliver. However, it just keep on trying to resend it and re sending it. I get a caution symbol in the upper right notifying me that the message did not send. This is annoying BTW. When I go to the outgoing mail box it shows that it is there, but will not let me do any thing with it. It says message is being sent cannot open. There is no way to delete it, or stop it from rapidly trying to re send its self. I have restarted the phone. I have disabled the email app, and restarted the app, but I am out of ideas. I hate to mess with it too much I would hate to loose all my mail by mistake. Please help

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I have an issue with an email I tried to send the other day. The email address was incorrect, and so it keeps coming back as failed to deliver. However, it just keep on trying to resend it and re sending it. I get a caution symbol in the upper right notifying me that the message did not send. This is annoying BTW. When I go to the outgoing mail box it shows that it is there, but will not let me do any thing with it. It says message is being sent cannot open. There is no way to delete it, or stop it from rapidly trying to re send its self. I have restarted the phone. I have disabled the email app, and restarted the app, but I am out of ideas. I hate to mess with it too much I would hate to loose all my mail by mistake. Please help
I've had this happen to me before. Here is what I did to solve the problem: On you phone go to settings>apps>all and find the gmail app. Select that app and clear cache and data. Then log into gmail on your PC. Go to your outbox and delete or move the email to your draft folder. If you can't delete it in the outbox you will be able to delete it in the draft folder. Then, on your phone, log back into your gmail account...problem should be solved.

OP
S

sportsman0822

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. My email is Comcast, but I'm sure it will work in a similar way. I will try it, and reply back the outcome. Thanks