Email Stops Automatically Retrieving

BuddyL33

Reaction score
Twice now on my Droid X and once on my mom's Droid 2, the email has stopped automatically being retrieved. I haven't changed any settings and the phone is set to check for new email every 15 min. Same with my mom's.

So far the only work around has been to delete all email accounts and then re-add them. Last time I did this it worked for about a week before it stopped getting the email automatically and I had to resort to manually retrieving my email.

What is causing this and is there a fix?

carguy

Reaction score
I know there are a couple of threads on this, search for email sync and see what you can find.
I have a similar issue on my Droid X, I have two email accounts linked under the 'email' setting on my phone. There will be days the sync works perfect, others not so much.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you using the email app or are you having your email forwarded to gmail?

I would suggest you try forwarding your email to gmail. The easiest way to do this is to go on line and into your gmail account, then click on settings. Click on the accounts and import tab and also check out the tab for PoP email forwarding. I suggest setting it to imap.

Hope that helps.

baxeckert

Reaction score
I've had the same issue! I've repeatedly deleted my email account and added it which had always worked previously. However, that fix has stopped working completely within the last 2 weeks. I'm going to try what Hookbill mentioned and cross my fingers! Thanks Hookbill!