Email Signature

ItsJessMe

Reaction score
New member here...

I've seen discussions but no solutions...

I'd like "sent from my Droid" at the bottom of my emails.

I've gone to Mail>Settings>Name and changed my name to "sent from my Droid" but it reverts back. I don't have a signature option.

So far my solution was to create in the user dictionary "sentfrommyDroid" and enter that after every every email, then manually put the spaces in, but that's a rather inelegant solution...

Thanks!

Istus

Reaction score
If you use Gmail, I understand you can indeed add a signature. Unfortunately you cannot for POP3 or IMAP using the stock Email app. I've added " - Droid" after my name so when an email is sent, it shows as being from "Josh - Droid." A work around, but still better than nothing.

Scribble

Reaction score
New member here...

I've gone to Mail>Settings>Name and changed my name to "sent from my Droid" but it reverts back. I don't have a signature option.

So far my solution was to create in the user dictionary "sentfrommyDroid" and enter that after every every email, then manually put the spaces in, but that's a rather inelegant solution...

Thanks!

There's a signature option in settings. Make your signature "Sent from Droid."

OP
I

ItsJessMe

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm using Outlook, so IMAP, but I'll try your suggestion too.

If you use Gmail, I understand you can indeed add a signature. Unfortunately you cannot for POP3 or IMAP using the stock Email app. I've added " - Droid" after my name so when an email is sent, it shows as being from "Josh - Droid." A work around, but still better than nothing.

Istus

Reaction score
New member here...

Thanks!

This is for Gmail only unfortunately.

OP
I

ItsJessMe

Reaction score
Nope, that didn't work. The email was still just from my first name, and on the Droid it reverted back to just my first name, not "name-from my Droid". What am I doing wrong?

Thanks. I'm using Outlook, so IMAP, but I'll try your suggestion too.

Scribble

Reaction score
New member here...

Thanks!

This is for Gmail only unfortunately.

Yeah I read your post right after I posted mine... I never use anything but the gmail app, so I hadn't realized there was a difference.

Seems like a strange omission.

Istus

Reaction score
I assume you are using the default Email application? You are making the change in Account Settings > Your Name > "name - Droid"? I just tried this with my IMAP account and it works fine. I had only done it on my POP3 account previously.

This may be something that is changing based on the IMAP server. I will see if it stays the same.

diverken

Reaction score
The easy solution is to use K-9 app for all your pop3 email. You can set up signatures easily, and this is a much better email client than the stock email client or using gmail for pop3.

Istus

Reaction score
The easy solution is to use K-9 app for all your pop3 email. You can set up signatures easily, and this is a much better email client than the stock email client or using gmail for pop3.
Does K-9 also support IMAP email? I currently use both, one for home and one for school so I need something that can handle both.

4nikki

Reaction score
E-mail signature

New member here...

Thanks!
I am having the same issue; but I want to remove the signature.
In any event, it doesn't seem easy.
Here's the link.
Hope this helps.dancedroid
Email Signature in Android Fixed

jeffluth

Reaction score
I have multiple email accounts and would like separate signatures for each account. is that possible?

Backjudge

Reaction score
I have Yahoo email setup in the stock app and I can edit my signature. Open your email and go into email settings. Then compose options and you edit the signature there

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have multiple email accounts and would like separate signatures for each account. is that possible?
Depends on the app you're using.

I have Yahoo email setup in the stock app and I can edit my signature. Open your email and go into email settings. Then compose options and you edit the signature there
Not all devices ship with the same stock apps.