email signature on reply

jmonty

Reaction score
I have a DROID and can't figure out how to set up the email signatures on a reply emails? I have a gmail account, msn email and a corporate server email? I have tried searching with now luck any one that can please help?

number6

Reaction score
I believe you can set a signature on a new message but not replies. At least that's how it appears to work on my Motorola Droid 1. But I believe there are email apps in the Market with the signature feature.

Be Seeing You.

OP
J

jmonty

Reaction score
I believe you can set a signature on a new message but not replies. At least that's how it appears to work on my Motorola Droid 1. But I believe there are email apps in the Market with the signature feature.

Be Seeing You.

That is what I thought but didn't know if I rooted if that would be fixed?

number6

Reaction score
I don't think rooting will affect the stock mail client at all (well, I suppose it might allow you to tinker with the app itself if you're a developer). I'm actually using Improved Mail from the Market because I needed Exchange security policy support with 2.2, but it has the same problem with reply signatures. I know there are other mail apps in the Market but I'm content (quite happy really) with Improved Mail.

Be Seeing You.

OP
J

jmonty

Reaction score
I don't think rooting will affect the stock mail client at all (well, I suppose it might allow you to tinker with the app itself if you're a developer). I'm actually using Improved Mail from the Market because I needed Exchange security policy support with 2.2, but it has the same problem with reply signatures. I know there are other mail apps in the Market but I'm content (quite happy really) with Improved Mail.

Be Seeing You.

I may need to look into other email apps. i also use the exchange for work and it has some issues, I have to power off the phone to receive email sometimes and the whole reply with signatures is a PITA.

goyo

Reaction score
The signature function of the Droid2 stock email app works great for both original messages and replies.

From your mailbox, go to Menu--> Email Settings --> Compose Options and you will see the standard "Sent from Droid via Verizon Wireless" sig, which you can change to anything you want.

OP
J

jmonty

Reaction score
I have a Droid 1 so this does not help? I wish there was an answer for this problem as I reply more than send from my phone?

The signature function of the Droid2 stock email app works great for both original messages and replies.

From your mailbox, go to Menu--> Email Settings --> Compose Options and you will see the standard "Sent from Droid via Verizon Wireless" sig, which you can change to anything you want.

cj1896

Reaction score
The stock e-mail client is just bojangles...You cannot have a sig on replies. A while ago the client was hacked to do this with 2.1 (which had no sig support at all). I think this is part of BB's patents and thus not available. That is the reason they still dominate on exchange support.

OP
J

jmonty

Reaction score
I am still looking to see if an app would fix this bug or if I rooted would help? If the Droid 2 can do it maybe there is a fix?

cj1896

Reaction score
I think touchdown will do it. It's a bit pricey - $20 in the market. I just keep my sig in a note and copy it and paste it into an e-mail before I send it.

OP
J

jmonty

Reaction score
I have touchdown it didn't work well with my works server?

How do I make a note to copy and paste?

I think touchdown will do it. It's a bit pricey - $20 in the market. I just keep my sig in a note and copy it and paste it into an e-mail before I send it.