Email shortcuts & ringtone locations?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by g.ifonlyyouknew, Jul 16, 2010.

1. g.ifonlyyouknew

g.ifonlyyouknew New Member

I noticed someone else had this issue, as a old blackberry owner I was use to the individual icons per email acct on my home screen. Now with this phone you have to navigate to one directory to open a gmail acct or to anothwr for yahoo. Id like to be able to have individual icons per acct,is it possible?

And im a big fan of custom ringtones, but you cant save them in a ring tone directory with the rest... So now do you access them?

The phones great so far! Just need to get use to it all.
  2. cypherx82

cypherx82 New Member

I believe Gmail would sync through the Gmail app and Yahoo would sync through the Email app, yes? So just put the icons on your homescreen.

For ringtones, save the audio files in the directory sdcard\media\audio\ringtones.

Oh you can also create ringtones from .mp3's right on your phone with Ringdroid.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  3. jst4fun

jst4fun New Member

you can set all of your pop email accounts in the Accounts under settings.
    Then look for the widget called Messaging in the Applications. Load it to your window then when you open up your widget called Messaging they are in there under each name.
    Currently I am running 7 POP 3 email accounts and two of those are gmail accounts that still open up under that widget.
  4. richpjr

richpjr New Member

Is there a way to put an individual account on the screen? I have my Verizon email forwarded to gmail and can access those with a link, but I cannot put a shortcut directly to my company Exchange account. Is that not possible?
  5. g.ifonlyyouknew

That exactly what i want, individual home screen icons.

As for the ringtones i could not access that directory when going to my contacts and adding the ringtones, the default moto tones come up.:icon_evil:

**EDIT**

So I went and downloaded the yahoo app. Its nice and has the functionality that I want but I'd like to be able to rename the application to the email acct its connected too... I guess beggars can't be choosers right?

For the ring tones directory... I had to go in and mount the phone to my PC to create that directory as it didn't exist off the bat. Is it suppose to be there right out the box on the X? Moved my a few tones from my Storm to the X so I hope I can link them to contacts soon...
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  6. g.ifonlyyouknew

:icon_ poke: Anyone have any ideas?
  7. ffej89

ffej89 New Member

Roid 1.0 is the icon i use for yahoo. I have that next to gmail on my screen. Works great
  8. hebertm1

hebertm1 New Member

I was used to having my Corporate email account separate from my from my home email. I want it back the wat it was. maybe when we get root we can use the files from the Droid email and port them over to the Droid X.

I have my ringtones in the SD Card\Media\Audio\Ringtones\... and they work just fine for individual contacts. You may have to reboot after putting the files in there so the system will find them.
  9. AzJazz

AzJazz New Member

Nope.

AzJazz
Search tags for this page
android email ringtones location
how do i add ringtones to yahoo mail
how to add a ringtone to the yahoo mail app?
how to add a ringtone to yahoo mail app on s3
how to add ring tone to yahoo mail on droid
how to add ringtones to yahoo app
mail create-ringtone com
yahoo mail droid ring tone

yahoo mail ringtones

yahoo mail ringtones#gsc.tab