Email Setup - me.com IMAP and SMTP Settings? Can't get it to work

jobyh

Reaction score
Sorry, but I can not get this to work after trying every type of set up logic. I am able to receive email, but unable to send email. Things have changed recently,
so curious as t what worked for those of you with Droid Razr Maxx on Verizon. Thanks,

lowvolt

Reaction score
When setting up an IMAP account you have to set up the server settings for both incoming and outgoing servers.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

OP
J

jobyh

Reaction score
When setting up an IMAP account you have to set up the server settings for both incoming and outgoing servers.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, I am aware of that, the issue is that I am still unable to get this to work. Anyone have setting that worked for them recently they can share? Seems like this is a common issue many people are having and the set up is dependent on the phone model.

bocabean

Reaction score
I have an IMAP account that I run strictly through MailDroid. It has been a great app for me.

You need to set up your outgoing smtp server in addition to the incoming IMAP server. You also need to know how your host is set up as far as requiring or not requiring SSL and other settings. My outgoing port is set to 143 but your port can be different.

My IMAP account is hosted through GoDaddy. If you are unfamiliar with how a host might set up the incoming and outgoing services, you might want to look there, but again, your host may be very different. Why not go to the host's website and see if they have instructions for setting up an IMAP account on an Android device?