Email Record

ronnieg56

Reaction score
Does the Droid Charge VZW keep a record of all emails that have been sent from the phone? And if so, where would I find them?

Thank you.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your phone is a Google phone. Generally speaking you should be either running gmail or forwarding your email through gmail.

If you are doing that then Gmail always has a copy unless you delete and permeanently delete it. Eventually, all deleted gmail is permanently deleted. But sent email is in your sent folder.

On the phone you can view this by going into your gmail app and selecting labels. You can delete anything you don't want saved but you will need to go into the trash and permanently delete it.

If your mail is set up differently let me know and we will get you more help. Give details of your set up if that is so.

OP
ronnieg56

ronnieg56

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I have been using my ISP's email account for all my email and there is no "sent" folders listed. Just inbox, drafts, trash and outbox but nothing for sent. That is why I can't think of what I have sent would be.

First I thought it would be in the "oubox" folder but that is for mail I havent sent set.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I have been using my ISP's email account for all my email and there is no "sent" folders listed. Just inbox, drafts, trash and outbox but nothing for sent. That is why I can't think of what I have sent would be.

First I thought it would be in the "oubox" folder but that is for mail I havent sent set.

OK, then you're using the email app that came with the phone. I don't know if K9 or the other apps for email have additional folders but you have two choices. You can go to the market and get another app and see if that is more to your liking, or you can go to your gmail account and go to settings and route your mail through gmail. Then you would use the gmail app which does have the settings I mention above.

To be honest the ideal situation is to use your gmail account instead of the one from your ISP. I understand why you may not want to do that but that's really the best way to use email on any Android phone since they are all Google phones.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Best is always highly subjective. Gmail isn't always going to be the best solution out there for everyone. For me, I only use my Exchange account with my Droid. Be careful pushing your preferences on others. There's no reason the OP can't use a non-gmail email account and have the ability to view sent messages. It's really just a matter of finding an email app that allows access to sent items on the device.