Email Questions

pmokover

Reaction score
I’m planning to switch to a Droid Razr from a Blackberry. I have a few questions about email functionality:

1. Is it possible to setup email so that when I delete a message I have received it is deleted only on the phone, not on the server?

2. Is it possible to filter email messages by either the From or Subject lines? For example, I do not want to have any email messages from my bank on the phone. Is there a way to do that on the phone or somewhere on Verizon?

3. I have multiple email accounts. Is it possible to see received messages from all accounts in one place rather than having to check each account separately?

All of the above are easy to do with a Blackberry. I’m just wondering if I will have that same functionality with the Razr.

Thanks.
Peter

Oaklands

Reaction score
I’m planning to switch to a Droid Razr from a Blackberry. I have a few questions about email functionality:

1. Is it possible to setup email so that when I delete a message I have received it is deleted only on the phone, not on the server?

2. Is it possible to filter email messages by either the From or Subject lines? For example, I do not want to have any email messages from my bank on the phone. Is there a way to do that on the phone or somewhere on Verizon?

3. I have multiple email accounts. Is it possible to see received messages from all accounts in one place rather than having to check each account separately?

All of the above are easy to do with a Blackberry. I’m just wondering if I will have that same functionality with the Razr.

Thanks.
Peter

I use Kaiten Email (same people who made K-9).

1. Kaiten does this and I am sure other apps would as well.

2. You would probably have to do this at the web e-mail address to keep it from coming through. I did not see this option

3. That is what I like about Kaiten, it shows the unified box and each account separately below that.

Option 2 is the only one that you might have to look around for another program that might do that.

Hope this helps some.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
1. If your mail server allows POP access you can set up an app like K9 (free from market) to not sync deletions with the server
2. Perhaps the best way to filter messages would be to forward that account to gmail and then check gmail on your phone. The reason is that gmail has very versatile filtering abilities. Alternatively, you could have gmail check your other account if forwarding is not possible.
3. K9 does this.