Email Push and Email Pull doesn't work

DangerBillRobinson

Reaction score
I got a Droid. You'd think out of all the bells and whistles these phones have that you could get email to work the way you want it to. Push email sometimes downloads new mail but usually doesn't work and pull (turning of push and using the fetch schedule) works only if you have back ground data turned on and I'm still not sure that works so well either.
If you want to use pull because push isn't working well, you also give access to the Internet for all the applications that use background data. Dirty little trick. I'm hoping for an update that allows you to turn off background data with the exception of email notifications but I don't think it will happen given the marketing model of the Droid.

OP
D

DangerBillRobinson

Reaction score
Try Again

I decided to try gmail push again and it is working better now. Part of the problem is Gmail chats. Droid email applications do not always know where to put chats on the droid so they end up going to different places.

I lose the message depending on which email application I use. In one application I can select Chats or All, and find the lost chat message. There is a bug in this somewhere or all the chats would be in the Chat folder.