Email problems!

Alster2005

Reaction score
My email has worked fine untill today. I thought it was strange that I didnt get a single one all day. When I go to check it in settings nothing ever loads. I know I have emails because I checked them on my laptop. I have no problems with a signal because I get right on. At the top where it says 3G the arrows light up when I use the internet, but when I go to check my email they dont do anything. WTF? I dont think I have changed any settings. I am using the regular droid Firmware version 2.1 update 1. I have hotmail as my default email. It just quit working out of the blue today. Anyone else have had this problem. Any suggestions. I do have everything saved on my backup pro. I could factory reset it and then restore it, but I backed up all the data and applications after the fact because it automaticaly does it. So if I restore it I problably will still have the same problem.:icon_eek:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Earlier today, someone posted a similar problem with hotmail. If I remember correctly, the problem was solved by manually reentering the account and settings.

Mike

OP
Alster2005

Alster2005

Reaction score
I am a droid moron!

Or just turn the phone off and then back on again. I can't belive I didnt think of that. HAha.:icon_ banana:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well if that works fine. If, however, it continues to be an issue and the only solution is turn off/on that will get old real quick

Mike

RayC

Reaction score
Email Problems

Well if that works fine. If, however, it continues to be an issue and the only solution is turn off/on that will get old real quick

Mike

That use to work for me but not anymore. Or should I put it this way "turning off/on now works 1 out of 10 times". I never had this problem with a window's based phone. What is the solutions? I've talked with our IT people, put in the right info and still 1 out of 10 times. Forcedclose after forceclose what in the world is going on "Google"

OP
Alster2005

Alster2005

Reaction score
I only had to do it once about 7 days ago and haven't had done it sice. It had been a lot of days since I turned off my phone before that. I just make sure to turn it off ever night and plug it in to charge when I go to sleep. Like I said it hasnt happened since and I hope it stays that way! lol.