email problems

jlghertner

Reaction score
I wrote about this previously that my motodroid would not download/upload email without my removing the battery on a daily basis. After 4 tech people made me go through the whole story and do repeated hard restarts and the local tech people threw up their hands, I finally received a replacement droid (rebuilt one).

I was told by two of these tech people who seem to know very little that Verizon network does not work well with the Android system for email. Why the hell would Verizon sell a phone that didn't work on its system: no answer.

anyway, my new droid has started doing the same thing twice in the first 3 days of use. I have not downloaded any apps, which they claim may be the problem (then why haven't I heard that these apps are causing similar problems: no answer.)

does anyone have any suggestions besides an iphone for verizon?

I run several businesses and not for profits off this piece of garbage and rely on email, so I really need help here.

rebelssof

Reaction score
Hmm are you referring to the gmail account or have are you having problems with a pop account that you have added to the phone. By the way I have a total of 3 e-mail accounts on my phone and my phone will auto send and receives e-mail without any problems I have even emailed my self some photos from the phone with out any problems. You may want to find and install K-9 Mail as I think it is allot better than the default e-mail app that came with the phone.

OP
J

jlghertner

Reaction score
I am using verizon.net as my primary email account which is a POP account. I just downloaded K9 and my emails came flying in.

being a non computer expert, I can't figure out how to display when messages are received and whether k9 is the mail program being used primarily. And it is not sending emails either from K9.

sharpz

Reaction score
I would try using a different email account and see if that fixes your problem. The POP/SMTP servers might have some issues with the network. Just create a Windows live hotmail account and see if that works.