email problems

crossfire

Reaction score
I have both emails synced to my phone, but some days, i have to manually retrieve them. please advise

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you might want to add some more details.

we really cant help if were guessing too

OP
C

crossfire

Reaction score
My emails have been synced (my gmail for my phone to be activated) and my corporate email. for the longest time, they have come in automatically. recently, though, with no settings modifications by myself, i haven't been automatically getting them. anything to do with task killer?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes definitely the task killer

if you kill your email it wont work until you open it back up

either ignore the email apps or delete the task killer

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
anything to do with task killer?
Possibly. Any time you're troubleshooting (no matter what it is) you want to eliminate variables that may be causing your issue. I'd start with that as well.

you might want to add some more details.

we really cant help if were guessing too
Yes, please ALWAYS include at least your email account types (gmail? Exchange? IMAP? POP? Something else?) and whatever app(s) you're using to access them. There are so many possible permutations on the Droid that we can't even begin to assist with troubleshooting without such information. We not all set up the same way and we're not psychic. ;)

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't use stock Email, use K9.
Don't use task killer.

Deep sleep bug is if you get email but notification does not sound, but doesn't seem to be your problem, right?

robsnyder22

Reaction score
I set up my Verizon.net email account and it all goes thru. I can send emails but none of messages load and I can't receive any. Talked to Verizon on the phone they couldn't figure it out. They told me to try k9 mail. I tried it and it worked for a day and then stopped. I deleted it and got it again and same thing. One day and done. Would like to use the stock app. Any help?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
What are your data settings? Peformance mode works best. Are you running anything like Juice Defender?

robsnyder22

Reaction score
all my settings are correct. im on performance mode and no juice defender. i put in my girlfriends verizon.net email and hers works. no one has an answer. ive called fios and wireless and neither has an answer. i was hoping someone has the same problem. i love the phone except for this issue but still have a couple days to decide.

Reaction score
Well I have had this phone for just over 2 weeks now and I love it. But all of a sudden my Hotmail don't work. When I got the phone I set it up through accounts. Well yesterday I realized I haven't had any emails which is not normal cause I get alot of junk mail. So I clicked on the email app and it said improper user name or password which is not right cause I have never changed my password. So I actually went to Hotmail and logged in and it was fine. So I went back to my accounts and tried logging in and it said improper credentials. What is going on? Anyone else have this problem?

jaqsyd

Reaction score
I'm having same problem with aol and it seems a lot of people are too. Haven't figured out how to fix it yet. Will post when I do.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Did you get the ICS OTA??? If so it is prolly as simple as deleting the accoung and starting over. I had to do that with my e-mail account after updating and now all is fine.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2