Email problem.

G

glock10mmman

Hey guys and gals.

Great site!

I have been reading all the help files and threads on how to set your email account up, but I cant find help for my email. My email address is from a Discussion forum and the end is @ar15armory.com The mail server is Horde.

I had this set up on my Blackberry with no problems at all and now I cant get it set up on my Droid. I don't really want to use the gmail account as I will have to change my email address with over 50 forums, websites and not to mention its my work address.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you copy your settings from your Blackberry?

Don't use the stock "Email" app, use k9 from the market.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use K9 and it handles my Gmail just fine. K9 will not, however, work with my corporate Exchange account. I've never used Hordes so I so not know if it is POP or IMAP. The settings that you entered into your BB should work on K9.

Mike

OP
G

glock10mmman

Thanks guys got it. Downloaded K9 and works great.

Now I just gotta figure how how to make a custom ring tone for email.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Open K9 tap menu, tap more, tap account settings, scroll to new mail notifications and new mail ringtone.

Mike

OP
G

glock10mmman

Open K9 tap menu, tap more, tap account settings, scroll to new mail notifications and new mail ringtone.

Mike

Got it. However it still wont give me any notifications that a new email is present.