email problem receives email but won't send

wrkeen

Reaction score
DROID Razr will receive but not send emails. SMTP server verification fails even though correct server (smtp.comcast.net) and password are shown.

vett96mik

Reaction score
im having a similar problem but on my droid 2, it was working fine for a while then all of the sudden i just couldnt send emails. any help?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Quick question for the two of you, are you experiencing this only while on wifi? If so, it's likely because your home (or work) ISP is blocking port 25 to prevent you from sending spam issuing their Internet service.

There is a workaround using your own ISP email server to act as a passthrough server. It's somewhat complicated and different for each ISP, but their tech support staff should be able to help.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

OP
W

wrkeen

Reaction score
Thanks Foxcat . . . actually my problem was embarassingly simple. I was trying to use a superceeded password. Now my DROID problem is it seems to randomly power off and I have to start it back up a couple of times a day.