1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Email Problem in Gingerbread

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by Chillin, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Chillin

Chillin New Member

I had this same problem with the first update, to which I got a new phone. I just updated the new phone with the new Gingerbread update and the POP3 email I have for my business is set to refresh / update every 5 minutes and it is not doing this. It's a work email so it is very important when I am not in the office.

Other then 'workarounds' any ideas to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
  2. MTBryan

MTBryan New Member

I had the same problem yesterday after my OTA update. I did 2 things and now it works great (not sure which fixed it) :

1) Went into email settings for both of my accounts and changed the polling interval (to 10 minutes) and frequency (from 0600 to 2200)
    2) Rebooted

Sent from my TBolt
  3. MTBryan

MTBryan New Member

Oh and my thinking isn't that 10 minute intervals matter but rather that a setting needed to be reset somewhere.
  4. Chillin

Chillin New Member

Huh

I went into both email accounts I have and there is no 'Polling' area just the 'Update Schedule' and 'Frequency' and where is the '0600 to 2200' thing?

Sorry. I looked everyone on my Thunderbolt and couldn't find your verbiage.
  5. MTBryan

MTBryan New Member

Yes I went into email settings, send and receive, then changed some values in Update Schedule. I did it for all of my accounts. No guarantees but it worked for me.
    Good luck.
Search tags for this page

gingerbread email problem

gingerbread email setting

how to change email on gingerbread

how to configure gingerbread to work with corporate mail

html email gingerbread

pop email on android gingerbread

pop3 email for gingerbread android

pop3 on gingerbread