email password or security

allikanbe

Reaction score
I can tap the email icon on my droid and read all my email. This is good. However, if someone else picks up my droid they can do the same thing. This is not so good. I don't mind if someone uses my phone to make a quick call, but I really don't want them to access everything on my droid. Is there something that I am missing or is there a way to password-protect my email?
Thanks

medicTHREE

Reaction score
You can set an unlock pattern to make it so you only give it to someone with permission, and watch them. Or look for programs in the market that make it private, I haven't tried any of them but when searching for "private" or "lock" you find some. adrolib.com can give you more reviews and an easier way to find results.

Anonymouse

Reaction score
You can set an unlock pattern to make it so you only give it to someone with permission, and watch them. Or look for programs in the market that make it private, I haven't tried any of them but when searching for "private" or "lock" you find some. androlib.com can give you more reviews and an easier way to find results.
Fixed. :p AndroLib is a great place to go to find apps and reviews and stuff, that's how I'm documenting all the apps I'm gonna get when I finally get my Droid.

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
I'm following this to see where this goes. I wish there was a way to log off and log on when I go in and out of gmail. I work on the water in the summer and my phone will be in the charging cradle inside my office. However I share my office with others and would like a way to secure my gmail so others are not being so nosy. On the other hand I see why it is like it is, it makes it simple and convienant for most who can keep their phone with them all the time.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
You can set an unlock pattern to make it so you only give it to someone with permission, and watch them. Or look for programs in the market that make it private, I haven't tried any of them but when searching for "private" or "lock" you find some. androlib.com can give you more reviews and an easier way to find results.
Fixed. :p AndroLib is a great place to go to find apps and reviews and stuff, that's how I'm documenting all the apps I'm gonna get when I finally get my Droid.

thx. Should really review my posts... You wanna follow me around and do that for me!?!?!?

medicTHREE

Reaction score
I'm following this to see where this goes. I wish there was a way to log off and log on when I go in and out of gmail. I work on the water in the summer and my phone will be in the charging cradle inside my office. However I share my office with others and would like a way to secure my gmail so others are not being so nosy. On the other hand I see why it is like it is, it makes it simple and convienant for most who can keep their phone with them all the time.

Just use the pattern lock to lock it instead of the swipe to unlock. This way you have locked it from any unwanted viewers.

Anonymouse

Reaction score

thx. Should really review my posts... You wanna follow me around and do that for me!?!?!?

Since I know that was sarcasm, I was just typing whatever I could think of to make it over the ten char limit needed for posting. and because you spelled adrolib, and if he went for that, knowing the internet, it'd probably be some gay beastiality website.

JoeeDB

Reaction score
We should be able to lock all apps in my opinion. From our text messages to the damn flashlight I think there should be an option to lock it. They've had this option since old school razors, someone make an app for this! I hate when people ask to use my phone then once they're finished they start going through all of my ****. Someone help!

n2aative1

Reaction score
Definitely agree there should be way to lock down email if someone else is checking out or using your phone.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Definitely agree there should be way to lock down email if someone else is checking out or using your phone.

There are programs in the market which will allow this. I'm not going to say it again because apparently people aren't willing to search themselves for it.

JoeeDB

Reaction score

There are programs in the market which will allow this. I'm not going to say it again because apparently people aren't willing to search themselves for it.
How about you just stop being a dick and say it? I've looked numerous times and can't find anything...

damsgarderika

Reaction score

How about you just stop being a dick and say it? I've looked numerous times and can't find anything...

You can get the app called "Applock". I just got it so I don't know how perfect it is but so far it works great. :)