Email Notifier Won't Stop Notifying!

Skates12

Reaction score
I use the email client & pull my email directly from EarthLink. I have notifier set to appear on the status bar + sound (no vibration).

With Froyo, if I received an email, I was notified - once. With GB, if I don't retrieve the message, it keeps notifying me. I don't see a setting to turn it off.

Have I lost my mind? Is that just the way it works with GB?

OP
Skates12

Skates12

Reaction score
Ok, I guess nobody has the answer. Can anyone verify whether their email client works the same way under GB (multiple notifications for a single email message)?

The Gmail client has the ability to disable multiple notifications, but the generic client doesn't.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok, I guess nobody has the answer. Can anyone verify whether their email client works the same way under GB (multiple notifications for a single email message)?

The Gmail client has the ability to disable multiple notifications, but the generic client doesn't.

The stock email app does work that way on my phone. I do not, however, use that email client. I get all my email through the Gmail app. In my opinion it is a better app and it saves you some battery power. Here's a writeup about how to have Gmail poll your pop3 accounts and then push the emails to the phone. That way your phone is not periodically going to check for emails. Using Gmail as your own personal push mail server

OP
Skates12

Skates12

Reaction score
Thanks, but unfortunately, Gmail's a non-starter for me as I won't ever allow my email/calendar/contacts to pass through Google's cloud (personal preference - for security purposes).