Email not working properly

kerflumper

Reaction score
Droid RAZR M running 4.1.2 on Verizon. I'm using a POP account. Often, when I receive email from certain senders, the notification stamp shows up like normal. When I swipe down to view the message list, the message appears there. I tap it and I'm only shown the header for the message. If I exit then go to the inbox, the message is not there. The message is still present on the server as I can download it with a separate client. Is this happening to others?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have three accounts toed to the E Mail app, 1 POP3, 1 IMAP and 1 Exchange. I have never had this situation happen. Have you tried removing the account, reboot the phone and then re-add the account. You should not lose any messages since they are stored on the mail server (typically) and it only takes a few minutes. Maybe something in the Incoming Settings is not setup correctly?

OP
K

kerflumper

Reaction score
I've deleted the account and added it back. Same symptoms. Certain emails just don't show up. It's usually things like LinkedIn notifications that I don't really care about.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I've deleted the account and added it back. Same symptoms. Certain emails just don't show up. It's usually things like LinkedIn notifications that I don't really care about.

When you view the message from a PC, is it in your Inbox folder or Spam? It might be a setting with your mail provider? I get a lot of LinkedIn notifications also, but they appear as normal messages in the Notification and in my Inbox on my phone. Maybe someone else here has more info.

OP
K

kerflumper

Reaction score
They appear in the inbox. The provider only filters the most blatant spam and those just get blocked - no quarantine.