email not sending?

klyn42

Reaction score
I've seen a few threads but not found a resolution. I have an ireland.com email. I've entered the following information manually:

Outgoing: smtpx.ireland.com
Port 25 (also tried 587)

as given on my ireland.com tech pages.

I went to Verizon and asked why email was not sending and they said it must be a problem with my email provider.

Went to Ireland and they said that this was a common problem with iPhones as well and that I needed to use Verizon's outgoing mail server.

Verizon customer service doesn't seem to know what that is or be able to give it to me. And now I'm stuck. Part of what sold me on this phone was the integrated inbox and while K-9 is workaround...I hate it!

Anyone have any more info?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few threads but not found a resolution. I have an ireland.com email. I've entered the following information manually:

Outgoing: smtpx.ireland.com
Port 25 (also tried 587)

as given on my ireland.com tech pages.

I went to Verizon and asked why email was not sending and they said it must be a problem with my email provider.

Went to Ireland and they said that this was a common problem with iPhones as well and that I needed to use Verizon's outgoing mail server.

Verizon customer service doesn't seem to know what that is or be able to give it to me. And now I'm stuck. Part of what sold me on this phone was the integrated inbox and while K-9 is workaround...I hate it!

Anyone have any more info?

So you are looking for the verizon outgoing mail server address? if so I will ask my VZW friend for the correct setting