1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Email not being pushed after factory reset

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by eversonsc, Apr 14, 2010.

1. eversonsc

eversonsc New Member

I was originally having a problem with the WiFi not connecting to my WiFi network when I got back to my house. The Verizon rep recommended a Factory Reset. I have done that and the WiFi issue is fixed as of now. However now I am noticing that my Gmail isn't getting pushed in real time to my phone. Under the "accounts and sync" area it says that Gmail is being synced and "auto-sync" and "background data" is turned on in the sync settings.

Is there something I'm missing? BTW I am not rooted and I'm running 2.1.
  2. Pokebreaker

Pokebreaker New Member

Do you have an Advanced Task Killer running? If so, you need to set the email app on Ignore so it doesn't close it.
  3. aminaked

aminaked New Member

Are there any errors in the gmail app like "sync error" or "connection error"?

Under 2.01, sometimes wifi could cause gmail to stop syncing. The solution was to go to settings > applications > manage applications > menu > filter > all > gmail storage > clear data

and to stop using wifi, but that was under 2.01. Maybe you should try the clear data method.