email navigation

mcdroid

Reaction score
I searched for a way to navigate through my emails in landscape and found nothing. It is ok in portrait, not good but ok. Is there any solutions out there?

xandor

Reaction score
Not sure what you are meaning. I pull up my Gmail box on my droid, rotate the phone to landscape and it changes accordingly. Is yours not?

OP
M

mcdroid

Reaction score
Navigation from one email to the next in landscape mode.

OP
M

mcdroid

Reaction score
Bump, is my question not clear? Am I the only one that hates the navigation on emails in landscape? Help please.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Navigating through your email is simply a matter of scrolling be in it portrait or landscape. If this isn't what you're talking about then no, we don't understand what you are asking.

If you're asking about navigating while in on mail to another without deleting you simply hit the back button and all emails will show up without having to delete anything.

Also are you talking about using Gmail or "My email." Not that it should make much difference but in Gmail you can "archive" your email and then go to "all mail" on your gmail account on line and then look at what you have set in there. You can't access this through your gmail app you would have to sign in to gmail on line to do this.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
...Also are you talking about using Gmail or "My email." Not that it should make much difference but in Gmail you can "archive" your email and then go to "all mail" on your gmail account on line and then look at what you have set in there. You can't access this through your gmail app you would have to sign in to gmail on line to do this.

Nope. Don't think so. If you go to the menu and choose "view labels" you can select "all mail" or any of your specific labels. No need to go to the gmail internet site.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
...Also are you talking about using Gmail or "My email." Not that it should make much difference but in Gmail you can "archive" your email and then go to "all mail" on your gmail account on line and then look at what you have set in there. You can't access this through your gmail app you would have to sign in to gmail on line to do this.

Nope. Don't think so. If you go to the menu and choose "view labels" you can select "all mail" or any of your specific labels. No need to go to the gmail internet site.

Very nice. I didn't know that at all thank you. I guess I never bothered to look in "labels."

OP
M

mcdroid

Reaction score
Navigating through your email is simply a matter of scrolling be in it portrait or landscape. If this isn't what you're talking about then no, we don't understand what you are asking.

If you're asking about navigating while in on mail to another without deleting you simply hit the back button and all emails will show up without having to delete anything.

Also are you talking about using Gmail or "My email." Not that it should make much difference but in Gmail you can "archive" your email and then go to "all mail" on your gmail account on line and then look at what you have set in there. You can't access this through your gmail app you would have to sign in to gmail on line to do this.

Thanks for the replies, I am talking about when I am reading an email there is no way to go to the next email in landscape mode like there is in portrait. There are little arrows at the top of the email in portrait. I know about going backwards with the back button,but that gets redundant to go backward just to go forward. I was hoping maybe there was a better email client for this phone.

gentlefury

Reaction score
I dont really understand the complaint....would be nice to be able to swipe to older and newer emails while reading one, but thats more a future feature request than a problem.

OP
M

mcdroid

Reaction score
Not really a problem,every smartphone has a way to navigate, while I love the droid,this is a shortcoming.