Email issues

squa8181

Reaction score
The email app that is pre installed in the phone doesn't have the right count for the emails. Right now it reads I have (negative) -17 emails. And It progressively gets lower through the weeks. It's not a big deal, but just more annoying than anything. Anybody else come across this problem?

Using Samsung Fascinate

Njn92

Reaction score
No but I cant sync up my other two emails its been pissing me off

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
S

squa8181

Reaction score
Which emails? I have yahoo, hotmail, and gmail all working fine

Using Samsung Fascinate

m_tasker

Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy S - Epic

Yes, I am having the same problem with my yahoo account. Any solutions? I have had this phone for 2 months and already at -4 emails.....

M

Mwsr

The stock email is complete garbage. It has wrong counts and huge delay times. I use maidroid which is better but still not great

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Thirds party email k9 works best from preinstalled email app.

Scott2373

Reaction score
I Use the stock mail app with 5 separate email accounts and have no issues.

TBV

Reaction score
Thirds party email k9 works best from preinstalled email app.

Ditto the above...I was going to return my Fascinate due to the crappy stock email client, was advised about K9, and have been satisfied every since...simply go to the market and type in K9 Mail, erase the email accounts from the stock mail client (no the GMail one, the other one) and add the accounts into the K9 app.

It's speedy (even on PDF's and Excell files), efficient, and unlike the stock app, gives you the 'select all' option for easy deletion of emails. TBV

bheine77

Reaction score
I have been using k-9 for a few weeks and it is just as bad as the stock email, first of all if I set it to poll every few minutes so that my email is up-to-date, the battery only lasts about 2 hours. Then if I set it to poll every few hours to save the battery, and just refresh on demand, it takes about 20 minutes to load that last few hours of email. It is SOOOOOO slow, my 5 year old blackberry is 1000% better than this piece of ...
What is the secret? How do you get this Facinate to work even somewhat like a blackberry? Please help if you have an idea. I have an AOL, Comcast and an ipswitch email account and it is really frustrating. Thanks,

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I went through all the same issues you guys are currently having. I used K-9 for a long time and tried Maildroid. I finally switched everything to the Gmail app. Below is a writeup I did for a battery saving thread, but it gives the details of how to use the Gmail for all your email needs and save some battery.

[FONT=&quot]Emails: I don't know what email app you use, but try this. It saves battery power and in some cases emails arrive quicker. This scheme will have you using only the Gmail app on the phone for all email accounts whether they are pop3 accounts or Gmail. Go to the Google Gmail inbox on your computer and log into the Gmail account. On the top right of the screen is an option called Settings. In there is an option to have the Gmail program poll your regular, non-Gmail accounts (From the inbox; Settings/Accounts & Import/ Check mail using POP3). Provide the email address and the password. The Google Gmail program will then poll your other accounts on a frequency from 1-5 minutes and push the email immediately to your phone. The polling frequency is determined by each account's activity - more emails = faster polling. This saves battery power because on the android OS pop3 accounts are polled at a frequency of 1-30 minutes and that really eats battery. Because the phone goes and checks those accounts for mail whether there is mail there or not.[/FONT]

j3ssfac3

Reaction score
I've been having issues as of today with my email. Everytime i get a new email it keeps telling me error- update password. Has this been happening with anyone else?? I tried deleting my account and re registering it, but same issue happens!!

willz

Reaction score
Yes. Is your email yahoo? I talked to verizon today and they said its an issue with the yahoo servers and the droid charge specifically. No fix yet.

Edited to add: In addition, verizon suggested using the yahoo mail app until the issue is resolved.

Last edited:

sicivic89

Reaction score
Yes, I've been experiencing the same thing with my Yahoo email. Glad to know its not something specifically with my phone. I was about to delete the email account and try re-adding it. But it appears that won't do anything. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

redfastback

Reaction score
I was glad there are others with the same issue. I have deleted and re-installed both my yahoo email acounts about 2-3 times and it still does it....what a pain. It never did that before and just started last week....
Hope the fix is coming soon.

Wonder how it specifically is a problem with the Charge? Aren't all the droid OS the same if we have the same(I think we are 2.2.1??)