1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Email issues with charge

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by buttear, Jul 9, 2011.

1. buttear

buttear New Member

I recently came from the htc incredible and one issue I am having is with email on this phone. It keeps resyncing with my email accounts and loading 50 messages. So I delete them one by one because I only want new emails to come in my box, but then it fills up again. Considering my 2 email accounts have emails going back 7 years, this folder will always fill up.

The other issue with email is I cant mark all emails and do a single action. I have to mark each email one at a time, there is no mark all feature. Does anyone know how to get around these 2 issues?
  2. lafdbuf

lafdbuf New Member

Just had similar problems. Mark all emails for delete cannot be done on a charge. Mine also loads 50 at a time, no adjustment.
    BUT, just realized by deleting my emails from my charge, it also deletes my emails from my online yahoo account. I was told by verizon this does not occure. It does :(
  3. djsbad

djsbad New Member

ok, there are two things you need to look out for here. For one, YES you can delete the emails from your phone and prevent them from being deleted from your server. This is only a one time setting that can be found WHEN ADDING THE NEW EMAIL ACCOUNT TO YOUR PHONE. When you add your email account to the phone and you are entering in your server information, right around the middle of that screen is a line that says 'also delete from server'. You MUST uncheck that box before you navigate to the next screen. It is checked by default and you will need to uncheck it. There is no way to undo this except by deleting that account from your phone and re-adding it making sure you uncheck that selection.

Moving on to the issue of syncing only 50 headers at one time, you are quite able of changing this feature. You can receive up to 200 headers at a time when retrieving emails from your server. To do this, open your email on your droid charge, select the tab at the top for the account in which you wish to change the amount of email you download at one time, press your menu button, tap the 'more' box, then tap on ACCOUNT SETTINGS, scroll down to where it says 'amount to synchronize' and tap the field beneath it then choose which option you wish to use for amount of headers to download to your phone. You can select from 50, 100 and 200.

Hope this helped!
  4. lafdbuf

lafdbuf New Member

account with no delete

Thanks for your information. I just removed my account from the charge and reloaded it. I did not find an option when establishing a new account to check any item for non delete. There were 3 other options, non for not deleting on an online account.
  5. rexd1976

rexd1976 New Member

When you go to set up your account select OTHER, enter your email address and password but DO NOT select NEXT. Instead select MANUAL. This should give you more options. You may have to remove the account so that you can re-add it.
  6. djsbad

djsbad New Member

rex, thanks for putting up what I failed to mention. I apologize to anyone if this screwed anything up for them.
  7. rexd1976

rexd1976 New Member

teamwork!!! :)
Search tags for this page
android charge email trouble
driod charge email problems

droid charge email problems

droid+charge+change+email+server settings
email troubleshooting for droid charge
how to change email password on droid charge
how to change email password on samsung charge
how to reset email password on droid charge