Email issues need some help

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same issue here. Hotmail and live accounts set up and I got mail regularly. Then it came sporadic and finally nothing. Verizon gave me a new Droid, after their tester phone got my mail and mine did not!
I have now set up my Gmail account to accept/forward my msn accounts. I get my mail, on time and all of it, HOWEVER, would love to have my accounts separate!
to keep your accounts separate, use gmail's labeling system. they'll still show up in your inbox, but each email message that has a label, will show as such. i have my hotmail accounts being checked through gmail and are labeled with their each of their respective email address, so it's clear which account is which.

gmail also creates a folder for each label you define, so they get stored separately in their own folder as well.

Zapata

Reaction score
Same issue here. Hotmail and live accounts set up and I got mail regularly. Then it came sporadic and finally nothing. Verizon gave me a new Droid, after their tester phone got my mail and mine did not!
I have now set up my Gmail account to accept/forward my msn accounts. I get my mail, on time and all of it, HOWEVER, would love to have my accounts separate!
to keep your accounts separate, use gmail's labeling system. they'll still show up in your inbox, but each email message that has a label, will show as such. i have my hotmail accounts being checked through gmail and are labeled with their each of their respective email address, so it's clear which account is which.

gmail also creates a folder for each label you define, so they get stored separately in their own folder as well.

Thanks for the info. is this thru gmail profile /account set up?
Any problems getting pictures in gmail? I see there is a whole 'nother thread for that problem. :icon_evil:

Silver Member
Reaction score
the gmail app zaps any embedded images to save on bandwidth and email space on the phone. they can be viewed through the browser. attached images work fine, however.

mcjeff

Reaction score
I'm new here. How do a "star" an issue? I'm having the same problem as everyone else, and would like to make sure Google and Verizon know that it's a big problem.

Silver Member
Reaction score
click on the link provided and click the star near the title of the issue.

famac!

Reaction score
I'm new here. How do a "star" an issue? I'm having the same problem as everyone else, and would like to make sure Google and Verizon know that it's a big problem.

Like 640K said, use the link provided or the one in my sig. You may have to be logged in using your Gmail credentials before it lets you star it and leave a comment.

mantis5

Reaction score
...I pull up my Comcast account and even hit "refresh" and I get nothing; it looks like it's trying (the little indicator in the corner keeps spinning) but I get nothing...

Same here. Starred and left comment. I don't really want to manage my Comcast account through my Gmail account; it's separate for a reason (or three).

laurasalame

Reaction score
I use hotmail, and my phone does the same thing... spinning corner icon telling me it is trying. I can turn the phone off, then back on and get 10 emails... but after that initial success I get nothing, unless it is rebooted. :(
This is not fun, and for someone like me, that isn't phone savvy... it is really not fun. Other than saying that it sucks and I would like to know how to fix it please :)