Email issue, I think! lol

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jamjr74, Apr 23, 2010.

1. jamjr74

jamjr74 Member

OK my email does not seem to be coming in the way it should. When I try to manually check it sometimes it just keeps syncing. If I shut the phone down and turn it back on my emails come right up. I use juice defender and apollo task killer. Could this be the problem?
  2. aminaked

aminaked New Member

Yes, a task killer can kill the email process and other necessary stuff. A lot of people including me don't recommend automated task killers. Uninstall it and reboot.
  3. Spartan

Spartan New Member

I'd consider K9 mail. I had similar problems with the stock mail program. K9 mail has been great and no big issues. Also allows multiple signatures.
  4. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 New Member

Truth for both comments.

The default app can be a pain in the butt, and task managers can end up doing more bad than good.

The only people who should be

using a ' task manager' are the people who know how the phones memory access is working and choose to change that info, otherwise they usually just end up killing services you want instead of doing what you think it should lol

k-9 is a wonderful email alternative, that after some tinkering with will be a powerful app for your email.