email help

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hm, ok. I haven't noticed that stuff. Not saying you're lying. I probably visit different sites / use it differently--I don't press the stop button very often.

Anyway, I think people should give different browsers a try. Dolphin hd is my choice.

So, back on topic: is your email working?

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I use the stop button sometimes on pages that take a long time to load once the part of the page I want to see is loaded. Annoys me to no end when pressing stop makes the whole page disappear.

The login issue happens every time I login to droidforums (I keep forgetting to check the 'remember me' box). But it happens on other sites as well.

And yes, back to the original topic... Sbakewell, did getting rid of your task killer help with your email problem? No news is usually good news.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh, I thought you were having the email problem.

Back to dolphin HD. I just tried logging out of droidforums and logging back in. No problem entering username and password. I dunno what's going on.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Ok, try this to replicate it. It does it for me 100% of the time now that I figured out exactly the conditions.

Tap on the username field and enter your username. Then tap 'next' on the keyboard instead of tapping on the password field. It will take you to the password field and will put the blinking cursor at the end of the ********. If you try to use the delete/back key to delete it, it will take you back to the username field. You'll be in an endless loop if you keep trying this way.

It's not as big a deal as I first thought though. If you're in portrait orientation you can just tap on the password field and it will auto-clear the *******. From landscape though it a pain because you have to hit Back to go hit the password field. I mostly browse in landscape. Also, despite the blinking cursor being at the end of the *******, if you just start typing it will clear the ******* and start entering your password. Very counter-intuitive.

The stop button however has no workaround that I've discovered. Seems totally pointless to even have it if all it does is clear the screen.

Edit: so basically they just forgot to include code to clear the contents of the text entry fields unless you directly select them rather than any/all forms of the field receiving focus.

Last edited:

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I see. For me the tabbed browsing and the ability to set user agent to desktop outway the negatives. I'm not going to force the issue though. If you like your way, then that's great.

OP
S

sbakewell1101

Reaction score
email

ok watched a you tube vid about dolphin browser installing as we speak i do wish you could unistall stock things that you don't want (not rooted)

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
i do wish you could unistall stock things that you don't want (not rooted)

I felt that way too, but I've eased up. In fact, I have EVERY browser in the market installed on my phone. I'm waiting for updates to them so I can stay on top of which is the best.