email going to the "unread" folder, but not showing up in the inbox

agmcarlson

Reaction score
Hi

I have a droid incredible set up to communicate with my work exchange server. As of this morning, for no reason known to me, my new emails are coming to my account, but they are only visible in my "unread" folder. Does anyone know why this is our how to fix it?

Andrea M C

beargap

Reaction score
Hi

I have a droid incredible set up to communicate with my work exchange server. As of this morning, for no reason known to me, my new emails are coming to my account, but they are only visible in my "unread" folder. Does anyone know why this is our how to fix it?

Andrea M C

+1 here. I receive email from 2 accounts using the built-in functions on my HTC Droid Incredible. All has worked well until the last several days, and now one of the accounts does not show the envelope on the notification bar when mail comes in. The other account still does. In both cases, the unread mails are listed on the mail icon, but you have to unlock the phone to see that. It was a lot better to just see the pull-down notification before. Any idea why that one email account no longer appears? The settings have not changed and are the same for both accounts.

smtom

Reaction score
Sounds like changes to company exchange services rather than device related, so long as nothing changed with the device - rom, app, etc.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

beargap

Reaction score
Curious. What could an email server do that would have the Droid receive the mail and mark it as unread, but not show it on the notification bar? I'd like to get this fixed, but don't know what I could possibly tell my email host. Mail shows up normally on a regular PC, and with the exception of not getting a notification anymore, looks normal on the Droid.

smtom

Reaction score
Agree, an odd thing. Maybe try removal and replacement of those and see if that does anything?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

beargap

Reaction score
Well, go figure. After a week of no notifications, they started up again and everything is working normal once more. Oh well...

=Vic=